some deals

⊰ chapter two ⊱

⊰ chapter two ⊱

The havoc had taken its leave. It was morning and Dara was shouting from her chambers, summoning Jewel. The servants collapsed from dressing Jungkook for the day as they paused with the jewels around his corset and looked at him. One of them volunteered, "The Queen must be in need of something, do you need one of us to go look?"

Jungkook shook his head, "I am sure you aren't assigned to her chambers for a reason? I will go."

The servants stepped back as the Prince left his side of the mirror and walked to Dara's chambers through the open gates. Taking a heavy breath, he opened the door, expecting Dara is another morbid situation and had braced himself to handle it. When he looked carefully, the Queen was only struggling with the platinum belt around her waist.

She was in an ethereal white corset, a vest around her arms, and plain white pants. Her white Zekh was scrunched like she had been struggling with dressing. Dara kept on calling for her maids but none appeared, her eyes pausing at the mirror as she noticed Jungkook who voiced up, "Where are your maids?"

"I don't know where Ann is-," Dara fell silent. Her hands dropped to her sides as she stared at the floor. It's been weeks and she has been trying to avoid Ann or her memories. She has been deleting and banishing her face from her memories but her head couldn't do all the work. It was too much, Ann's death has left a big hole in Dara's blank space.

The Prince swallowed, walking to his wife, and softly took her belt. Dara flinched as Jungkook dragged her by her belt around her waist closer to tightly secure it around her waist, and it was neater than expected. Jungkook unclipped Dara's Zekh from her shoulders, fixed the uneven folds with his bare hands, and put it on around her again, "You are turning twenty-two and you still don't know how to dress without your maids,"

As much as Jungkook tried to avoid Ann's distress down Dara's head, Dara whispered, "Ann would have been laughing if she saw me this way."

The Prince bit his lower lip, "Your best maid."

"She wanted to be my General so bad, I felt it since the day she started stealing books about politics from the library at Meyrem. She outstood every lesson with me." Dara sighed, "She was more of a friend than any maid could ever make. Funny how she always wanted me to be married to you, but thank god she does not get to see our dismays."

Dara pushed herself off Jungkook's grip and turned back to her mirror. Jungkook sighed, "Why didn't you tell me about you suffering every single night because of that compass?"

"Why bother, husband?" Dara asked, coldly.

"I can't sleep," Jungkook lied. He couldn't sleep for his own reasons, but yes, Dara was one of the prime ones since she was the one indulging his dreams. But Dara on the other side had no concerns about his dreams, "You should see the elf-,"