a purple betrayal

⊰ chapter nine ⊱sensitive content, ahead!

⊰ chapter nine ⊱
sensitive content, ahead!

Dara's hesitant steps took her to the end of the corridor. It was darkness everywhere. The darkness reminded her of the day her mind was stolen by the Easterns, the day Skovier had to bring her back from the Eastern graveyards and her body laid lifeless in Jungkook's arms. The darkness gave her shivers and before Dara knew, she could feel the same fear on her toes.

Sliding her sword out, Dara walked towards the darkness. She was sure the baby's cry was loud enough to slither from this alley. Dara ran towards the darkness when the cry hit her ears like a drum. Her heart stormed like the Western thunder, her feet ran towards the pitch black alley until she scared herself from a figure running against her direction.

Dara fell on her back, her sword toppling off her hand and reverting back to the golden compass that was chained to her index finger. Dara groaned and blinked twice before her eyes rested on Jungkook's panting body. She gasped, "Jungkook?"

"Dara, are you alright? I am sorry, I didn't see you coming." Jungkook reached out for her before she could reach out for him. He was in his silk robes, a dagger in his hand. Dara looked up at him, "Why are you here?"

"I should be asking you that. It's not even dawn, why are you here?" Jungkook asked her back. Dara shook her head, "You will answer me first, my Prince. Why are you here?"

Jungkook didn't want to open his mouth but seeing how he had no other choice, and his wife wasn't going to let him slide away, he sighed heavily before whispering into her ears, "I think I hear a baby cry every night."

Dara's brows straightened.

"I didn't think it was real...I thought it was a dream I was having. But now...today, I was sure I heard it with my senses awake." Jungkook looked at the dark corridor behind him, "Something is hiding in your home, Dara. Somehow, I am sure it has Adona's baby. We should be hunting for it."

"Soldier Jin broke down the palace looking for the baby but found none. So I was convinced it was our delusion." Dara's distress was noticeable, "Skovier is sick enough to be of any help. What should we do?"

Jungkook shook his head, "We will send troops, right now-,"

"What's wrong with us hunting it down?" Dara expected Jungkook to say it, "We did hunt down Becker's lost soul and destroyed it. We can bring the baby back-,"

"We aren't enough."

"Don't you dare," Dara lifted her head, "I am enough to bring back my kingdom's asset. That baby is my nephew, and he is my blood. I need the baby,"

"The baby is Eastern," Jungkook reminded Dara, "Theon's father was Eastern, he is eastern. Keeping the baby alive is not one of your options, Dara―,"

Dara raised her hand in the air, "Enough," she said silently and looked ahead into the dark, "I have decided. I will protect the child. Take me to where you returned from."