a fallen queen

⊰ chapter ten ⊱

⊰ chapter ten ⊱

Dara looked at herself in the mirror.

The same face the country keeps doubting now and then, the same strength they question. Once again, Dara could hear the hail across the walls of her Palace. She admired her. But she despised her more. The woman looked back at her in the mirror.

The faces staring back at her through the mirror. Dara lifted her hand to touch Jewel's eyes that were glued to her mirror-an illusion bothering her again, Jewel was dead-she possibly wasn't behind her. Dara bit her lip. She grabbed the golden comb in her mirror before smashing it against her dresser's mirror continuously. Dara grabbed the jewelry on her dresser and threw them all away-the mirror shattered and the glass pieces broke down the dresser.

Seokjin stood there, watching her. He watched the woman fall to her knees. All that strength and bravery finally dropped to the grounds. He walked to her, steps so quiet it almost startled when Dara found Seokjin kneeling infront of her, "My Queen."

The Queen shook her head, tears falling from her eyes, "I am sorry."

The soldier held her hand into his, kissing her finger tips, "Your command is our order. You should not be sorry for what you have done-,"

"I killed your love-,"

"You did what you had to," Seokjin's breath hitched, "You are bleeding everywhere, let's get you cleaned up. The people are waiting for you."

"What people?" Dara whispered.

"Your people." Seokjin's lips trembled, "The child needs to be claimed by the family. Or else the Easterns are waiting for your confirmation-something is not right, My Queen...,"

She waited.

"The Easterns should have attacked already if they wanted the baby. Why are they not when they have got the message about the found baby?" Jin asked, eyes worried, "And if Jewel was about to steal the child from them...and now she is dead, won't the Easterners already be attacking us?"

Dara did not have the time to think about it before. Jungkook walked in right at that moment, "Dara. You need to clean up and come to the Hall."

Dara kept a straight face in front of the members. They were restless for answers. They wanted to know why this child....this Eastern child meant so much to Dara that she murdered her own maid to protect it. The Queen was being questioned again but she never asked any of the ministers to stop the questionnaire. She waited for her que as usual. Wineri sat close to Jungkook's cousins and Era looked unharmed, safe across from her.

Jungkook stood beside Dara, holding her shoulder. He looked down at the woman with the heavy lashes and the cold eyes, "Dara."

The Queen looked at the long table, everyone was talking amongst themselves, speculating what not possibilities. One of the ministers raised, "Your Majesty, what is the reason behind rescuing this demon child from the East? Why don't you throw it away?!"