returning from vain deaths

⊰ chapter fifteen ⊱

⊰ chapter fifteen ⊱

Rush hour had arrived in the royal chamber. Serving personnel and medical personnel were entering and exiting the room as ordered, either lugging trays of medication or bowls of hot water. As their eyes landed on the nearby crowded Prince who was carrying the Queen in his arms, Seokjin and Jimin surged through the maidens. Seokjin had seen the mortified Queen cry while being held by Jungkook, her legs kicking the bed's covers as the servants attempted to wrap her in them for warmth. Seokjin hurried around the bed to find Jungkook holding the Queen still on the bed with his hands on her shoulders while his face was crimson with fear and his eyes were the color of terror. Between her cries, Dara's words were so inaudible that they nearly scared several of the staff away. The medics were astonished as they slowly began to leave the chamber while holding their ears with their palms.

"Dara, please," Jungkook screamed. He's been trying to talk to her for hours now. But Dara's only retort was her never-ending sobs, her cries of pain, and her beseechings of repentance. Seokjin almost mistook the look in Jungkook's sorrowful eyes when he turned to face her for the death of someone. He could not stand Dara in this condition. Holding Dara's hand, Seokjin, who had broken his knee, sat next to the bed. It was freezing. She seemed so soulless and frigid. In agreement that he was aware of what it would signify, Jungkook nodded. When Dara attempted to leave the bed, Jungkook grabbed her; her nose shook briefly before bleeding. The second time, Jungkook screamed., "DARA, PLEASE. DARA!"

As if while her body is quiet, her spirit is hearing his voice. When they noticed Dara's eyes rolling back, her spine straightening, and her lips becoming so parched that her top lips quickly cracked, the medics and the servant bolted from the room. Her cheekbones lit up, and when Jungkook saw this, his body instantly went cold. Seokjin took several steps back after seeing Dara, and Jimin collapsed back into stillness. Even though Jungkook's heart stopped pumping, he was determined to succeed; he tried to speak to her again, amidst the horror in her, "Dara? Dara-,"

"I can hear it. It's in my head." Said the woman with her orbless eyes facing Jungkook, "It's creeping inside me. It's breaking my soul. I can hear it in my head. Its so cold here, Jungkook."

"W-what's so c-cold?" Jungkook shivered, his voice breaking, "Dara, come back to us. I don't like this."

"It's so cold. The voices are so loud." Dara said, this time, her voice was softer, "I feel so weak. But this current is so strong."

"What current-,"

"Mother is gone. She has left the compass." and she shook, her body shook. Her ears bled out too. Jimin rushed to get towels, his heart shaking from what he was witnessing. Seokjin could hear the people outside the door rummaging new rumors. Tears drooled down Dara's paper white eyes, "Mother left. The spirits are so cold. I can see them. I can hear them."

"Dara," Jungkook's chin wobbled as he bit his lower lip, "Please."

She placed her head on Jungkook's chest, rolled her blue-green rings back down, gave a quick blink, and shut her eyes. Taking Dara into his arms once again, Jungkook felt his heart expand with relief. He had been so scared for her for the last two hours that he had thought the Kingdom may fall at any minute. Jimin was giving the towels to Jungkook covertly when Seokjin, who was horrified by the incident, attracted his attention. Jungkook issued the directive in a quiet voice, "Make sure not a single word passes another soul. Take care of the maids and medics. Make sure no one hears of this incident. It will cause unnecessary chaos."