chapter nine

zeus

Anton, Ivan, Nik, and I were sitting around Aponi's bed waiting for her to wake up. The club medic said she would have a bump and that she is most likely concussed but that there are no further injuries, thank God. The car through the gates was a suicide bomber sending a message from Nikhailov and the message was received loud and clear—he knows where his "beloved" is and he wants her back; however, he's lucky that she isn't dead because of that fucking explosion.

None of my men were injured and it didn't damage any property besides the gates and a little shed that caught fire, but it was quickly put out and it won't cost much to repair the damages.

Nikolas was cuddled up on his father's chest, sleeping. Earlier, when we brought him into the room, he tried to get out of my arms to cuddle Aponi but we didn't want to risk anything so we gave him a bottle and Anton rocked him to sleep. Anton, Ivan, and I had pulled chairs into the room so we could stay with her until she woke up, which the medic said that it shouldn't be long.

We were all almost asleep when we heard a small cough and the sheets on her bed rustle. I jumped out of my seat while Anton rose slowly, as not to wake the baby.

"Hey, nena. How are you feeling?" I spoke quietly as the medic said she would have a headache for awhile and she would be sensitive to lights. (f. baby).

She touches her head and groans, "I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Now everyone is awake, including Nikolas. We all chuckle at her statement. "Well, not quite, sweetheart, but it was an explosion. You went flying and hit your head on the ground. We'll have to call the doc to know if you have a concussion, but you most likely do." She chuckles and closes her eyes.

Nikolas gurgles and reaches for his favorite woman; Aponi opens her eyes and holds her arms out for him while sitting up. "Hey, baby boy, how's my little man?" He smiled and grabbed a fistful of her shirt before snuggling into her chest and falling back asleep. She chuckles and her eyes start to droop again.

"No, no, cielo. You can't fall asleep yet. You might have a concussion." She groans and goes to stand up again. "Wow, what are you doing?" (honey).

"If I can't fall asleep, I'm going to get a cup of coffee and make sure everyone is okay. I'm also going to apologize. I know you guys said you would fight for me but you aren't prepared to fight the Russian mafia," she says, tiredly.

My eyebrows shoot to my forehead before I grab her shoulders. "You are not going anywhere, Aponi. He might be the Russian mafia but we are the Night Riders Motorcycle Club. We are armed more than most know, we are trained, and we are strong. We may not have as many men, but the men we do have are better."

She's still looking at the ground before I lift her head up by her chin with two fingers and gently place my lips on hers. Anton gets the hint and as soon as I pull away, his mouth is on hers. He pulls away slowly and pecks her forehead before stepping back. I look around the room and don't see Ivan so I assume he left when I started to kiss his sister.

"You aren't leaving. Everyone hears knows who Nikhailov is and everyone knew what they were getting in to when they voted for you to stay. So, let's go get that coffee now, yes?" Anton questions, but she knows that he's not asking.

She has a soft smile on her face as I lead her out of the room, Anton following her, no doubt he's staring at her ass—do I blame him? No, it's perfect.

It was only five p.m. when she woke up so the entire club was sitting around the tables, drinking and talking. It was relatively calm because they knew that Aponi was injured and they didn't want to be assholes. When they saw Aponi they cheered quietly and raised their glasses to her and she smiles and waves as response, waking up Nikolas in the process and he starts to cry softly. She walks to the kitchen with Anton and me following behind her like lost puppies. She sets down a dish towel and lays him on it before checking his diaper.

"Oh, you're a stinky baby, aren't you?" She softly tickles his sides and he just stares at her with a little smile. She finishes with his diaper and now he's wide awake and giggling at her while she tickles his sides smiles at him.

I look to Anton and if it were possible to actually have hearts in his eyes, he definitely would. He's wearing the softest expression I've ever seen him with while smiling softly at his son and the girl he likes.

anton

She was absolutely beautiful, but she looked even better with my son. She was a natural with him and he took to her as fast as she did with him; he's so calm and happy with her and it makes me relieved that he feels that way with her, because if he didn't, it would have been a deal breaker with her.

Currently she's dancing around the kitchen with him while listening to Jesse Woods. The medic came in earlier and said that she didn't have a concussion but she will probably have a headache for a couple of days. She took ibuprofen earlier and now she's acting as if everything is just fine, which I suppose it would be for her after she spent all of her adult years in the military and another couple years as a Navy SEAL.

"Come dance with us, boys," she laughs as she continues swinging around with Nikolas in her arms. Zeus and I share a look before we get up and cage her in, horribly swinging her around. Zeus takes Nikolas from her arms before I spun her around and dipper her before bring her back up and backing her into the counter. I grab her waist with one hand and her neck in the other before bring my lips to hers with haste.

Every time I kiss her, I'm reminded of why I'm falling in love with her. She's a breathe of fresh air in a polluted city.

I gently thrust my tongue into her mouth and she responds quickly, our tongues twisting and fighting each other. She tastes like mint and coffee and it's become my favorite taste in the world.

I can feel my lungs constricting and begging for air but I don't want to let her lips go; however, she needs to breathe as well so I let her go and lean my forehead against hers and pulling her into my chest. I turn us around so I'm leaning on the counter and she's still leaning on me.

I look over head and make contact with Zeus who's face is flushed, eyes droopy and glinting with lust. Nikolas is not around so I'm assuming Zeus took him to someone when we started to get heated. I hear a small snore and look down at the woman in my arms and laugh quietly. Her mouth is open with drool out the side and she's asleep.

It's a miracle I met her and that she's ours.

hey heyyyyyy.

surprise shawwwwtttttyyyyy.

I'm so sorry it's been so long but um hey, how y'all doin?