chapter thirteen

anton

Our SUV pulled up to the restaurant, the soft fairly lights hanging over the canopy twinkling in the humid air. It was a romantic setting and if the circumstances were different this could have been a very beautiful night with the world's most beautiful girl on our arms; however, this night was going to be hell and it only pissed me off more that he chose a place like this to meet with our woman.

Hearing a sigh come from my right, I gently squeezed my hand that rested on her thigh, giving her silent reassurance. Telling her silently that I was going to be here until the very end, and I was, even if it was with my very last breath, because in the short amount of time that I had known this wonderful person, I had fallen undeniably in love with her and everything she does.

Aponi turns her head in my direction and gives me a slight smile before lifting the hand that wasn't on her and lightly kissing my knuckle. The gesture in itself told me everything I needed to know about she felt about me.

Zeus grabbed her free hand in both of his and held it on his lap, gently running his right thumb against her palm. She turned to him and pressed her lips against his shoulder before leaning her head back against the seat. "It's now or never, boys, and I'm not a coward."

"You could never be a coward, Oni," Zeus muttered, "We're with you until we're dead."

She chuckled quietly, "I would never let you die, and if you did, I would go right with you." I turned to look out the window so she wouldn't see the light blush that covered my cheeks. They were such simple words but they held a much deeper meaning.

Zeus, who was sitting by the door that is closest to the restaurant, opens his car door before opening it wider and holding his hand out for Aponi to help her out of the car. She took it and hoisted herself out of the vehicle gracefully. I watched them close the door before getting out mine. I walked to the other side and saw Zeus and Aponi waiting for me; she had her arm out waiting for me to take it so we could begin our ascent into the beautiful restaurant.

When we made it to the hostess table, she took one look before simply pointing down a dim hall. It was mirrored on both sides as to see what the rest of the restaurant was doing but I doubt they could see that we could see them. Aponi was surveying the place, looking at every corner and crevice for cameras or bugs. She looked through the mirrors at the people, seeing some she recognized as our own men and once she reached a corner of the restaurant her body stiffened.

"Those people in the corner—they are his men. They were there when. . ." She didn't have to finish her sentence for Zeus and I to realize what she meant. We each leaned over and kissed the top of her head.

"And after this meeting, I can assure you they will all be dead, for you, mi amor," Zeus whispered into her ear. She met his eye and smiled softly, and I'm not even sure why but that moment just made me love her even more. She was willing to accept us and our. . . less than normal tendencies and even more than that, she was okay with it.

We finally arrived to the big wooden doors that were at the end of the hall. Aponi paused, took a deep breath and let go of our arms before shoving the doors open with considerable force and strutted into the room like she owned the place, with her two guard dogs following closely behind her.

There, with five men standing behind him wielding guns, was the horrifying man in question: Nikhailov Smirsky. He sat in a big wooden chair, leaning back with his legs crossed, one hand holding a glass of amber liquid, and the other stroking his small beard.

He started smiling when she walked in, "Oh look at how gorgeous you look, dorogoy." But as soon as he looks towards her dress, his mood changes in an instance. "But look at what you're wearing! It certainly isn't what I bought you!" He yells in a heavy Russian accent.

Instantly, Zeus and I are right beside her; however, all she does is look down at her dress before looking back up at the man and smirking, "You're right, but I think my boys here absolutely love it. Don't you, darlings?" I looked to Zeus before looking to Aponi and nodding my head enthusiastically.

This only seemed to piss him off more. He stood up with his glass in hand before throwing it at my head. Before I get the chance to move out of the way, Aponi catches it with ease and pulls the gun that was on her thigh out and pointing it at Nikhailov. All five of the men in the back move their aim towards our woman, waiting for their boss' approval to disarm and kill the threat.

I take a quick look at Aponi and she looks absolutely regal. Her face set in a harsh line, her unflinching figure aiming the beautiful pistol at the scumbag that now only stood seven feet away from us. Aponi, who saw that as a threatening dare, cocked the gun before walking even closer, aiming the gun at any man's precious jewels; this time, he flinched, even if only a little. Now was definitely not the time to be getting a hard-on, but here I was, as hard as a rock because she was going to shoot someone else's off. Now that I'm thinking about it, there many be something wrong with me.

The guns in the back of the room click, and only then does Nikhailov wave them off and out of the room. Aponi, gun still aimed at his crotch, pushed him back into a chair at the table. "Here's how it's going to be, sweetheart, you're going to tell me what you want, we're going to ignore your request, we're going to kill your men out in the lobby, and then we're going to walk out of here with only hot, car sex on our minds. To me, that sounds like a grand plan, and I'm sure it sounds even better to my lovers—"

Zeus leans over and whispers to me, "It does, it really does."

"—and you're going to sit here and sulk with a broken penis." Nikhailov looked confused at the last part and I'm sure we did too before she reached down his loose pants, gripped him in her hands and twisted tightly. He screamed loudly, before gripping himself and fainting due to the pain.

"Holy shit," Zeus and I mutter at the same time.

She turns around grinning and throws her hands into the air, "Did you see that? I didn't even think it was going to work," she continues to ramble about it before I eventually run over to her, throw her over my shoulder, palm her ass and start walking to the car with Zeus following right behind me.