chapter fourteen

zeus

After running out of the restaurant with Nikhailov's men right on our tails, we jumped into the running SUV where we found our driver slamming on the accelerator. When we were about five miles away from Nikhailov's crushed penis, Aponi started laughing so hard tears were falling out of her eyes. Soon after, Anton and I joined in and our driver rolled the partition, which only made us laugh even harder.

After she finished laughing, she wiped her eyes and smiled softly at both of us, "Thank you for doing this. Taking me in, accepting me. I know that I bring a lot of unnecessary danger to the family and I know that I should have just left, but thank you. I love you both so much."

I gently grab the back of her neck and pull her face to mine, "I love you, too." I press my lips to hers where she eagerly kisses me back. This kiss feels different than the rest. It feels much more passionate, much more emotional. It feels like the entire world is crashing around us and we're too busy to notice the destruction. I pull away all too soon and Anton copies my moves and repeats the affection and loving whispers.

After our emotional moment, we stayed silent until we arrived at the compound. Our men that had been stationed at the restaurant were already there and when we walked in they all slammed their fists against the tables and cheered loudly at Aponi, I suppose they already knew what she did. She smiled and cheered with them before getting serious and raising her hand, a signal for them to calm down and listen.

"I don't know how he is going to retaliate against what I did, but I know he won't be doing it any time soon-" our men started cheering again and Aponi just smiled, "Now, even if it won't be soon, I want every single one of you to be cautious and alert. Whenever you leave, take another person with you. Your ladies, if they leave, send two men with them. Hell, even the whores. No one leaves this compound by themselves. He's still alive so his people are still under his orders. Everyone needs to be careful and if something happens, I can promise you that I will find you, and I will kill everyone who had something to do with it. I cannot guarantee you that you all will be safe, so I'm giving you another chance, if you want me to leave and not associate myself with any of you, I will disappear and make sure that all of you are protected indefinitely. I will not take any offense because I know that you have families to keep safe. If you want me gone, just raise your hand."

I looked over at as if she was mad, "Aponi! You don't just get to make a decision like that. I just told you I loved you and if you think you are going to be able to walk out of here that simple, you are in for a rude fucking awakening." Anton quickly followed with my objections, rambling on about how he wasn't going to let her leave.

She turned around in a flash and spat with venom, "Watch me. I love you both with all my heart but I will not jeopardize lives of our people because I was too selfish to leave."

What she said made sense, but I simply did not give a fuck. I would hand the club off before I let her go. Apparently, the rest of my men agreed because they were quick to step in and assure her that they wanted her there and they would gladly to go battle for her. However, it quickly went up in flames when Riot's Old Lady stepped up with her hand raised.

Aponi took notice of her and nodded her way, "Yes?"

"I want you gone. You have caused nothing but trouble here and you have been a home-wrecking slut. You're constantly demanding attention and all you've done since you've got here is seduce the men and sleep your way to the top. So, yes, you horse, I want you gone. From here and from all of our lives."

I was ready to step in front of Aponi and kick her out of my clubhouse but Aponi stepped up to her face and held her hand up as a signal for a fuming Riot to stay back. "Listen here, Mrs. Riot, I asked for a show of hands, not a whole damn speech. I also asked for a show of hands if you wanted me gone for a safety reason, not because your jealous that I have two of the finest men to walk the earth in my bed at night. Also, if you ever talk like that to me again, I will show why is was a Navy SEAL. Do you understand me?"

Riot's wife just scoffed and started to walk away. Aponi landed on a knee and swung her leg around until she swiped Mrs. Riot's legs out from under her. When she was on the ground, stunned, Aponi quickly kneeled on her chest, pulled one of her knives out and held it against Mrs. Riot's jugular.

"I said, do you understand me?" Everyone in the bar was holding their breath, and when I looked up at Riot, he was standing still with his arms crossed against his chest like he was waiting for this moment. To be honest, he looked thrilled to have someone finally knock her down a peg. He was miserable in their marriage and I'm sure he would do anything to get out of it.

It was silent for a moment before Mrs. Riot whispered shakily, "Y-yes."

Aponi smirked, "Yes, ma'am."

Mrs. Riot, who was steadily shaking now, nodded her head softly as to not cut her neck with Aponi's knife, "Yes, ma'am."

Aponi patted her cheek with the blade, "Good girl. Next time, be respectful. And treat your husband better. He gives you the world and you act like a bitch and a tramp. Be better or we will be having this conversation again, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Aponi got off of her and moved to Riot, "You tell me if she causes problems, da?"

"I will, ma," he said in his Southern accent. He smiled at her and hugged her. Anton quickly pulled her from his grasp and glared at him with razor eyes. I did the same before Riot laughed. "I ain't mean no harm. If anything I see her as a mother figure."

"Mother? I'm literally younger than most of you! Including some of the prospects," Aponi said with offense.

Riot was full blown laughing at the obvious distaste, "No, not like that. You act like a mother figure and you technically are the queen and the mother of the club. That nickname is sticking."

Everyone agreed with a laugh before she finally gave in with a smile and sigh.

hi my little dorks. it's emma, obviously. this is kind of a soon update so "go me"

thank you again for reading and make sure vote and comment! i appreciate it and you guys mean a lot to me.

i love you guys and i'll try to update soon.

have a great day and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.