Chapter 18 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Eighteen ~ ~

"Lee-lee! Your phone is ringing!"

Amberly's yelling woke me up from my deep sleep, groaning I rolled over and scrunched my eyes tight, hoping she would leave me alone and let me go back to sleep. But no. Because the next minute she is opening my bedroom door and walking in talking to someone on my phone, "....here she is." she laughed quietly and threw the phone onto the bed near me.

Reaching out with one arm I patted around, feeling for the annoying piece of plastic and found it. Pulling it up to my ear as I rolled onto my side, "Mmmmm." I mumbled, still too tired to form coherent words.

"Sorry if I woke you." Baden muttered but I could hear he was smiling.

"I'm sure you are." I groaned softly.

He laughed now, "Well, we're taking you girls to the pub for some drinks and a game of pool, so I thought you might like to get up and ready."

"What pub?" I mumbled as I rolled over and used my free hand to rub my face awake.

"Riverside."

Thinking about that for a moment, it soon clicked that it was the pub around the corner from here. I've been there a few times with Amberly for tea and we've even played a few games of pool. Not that we are professional players or anything but we had fun.

"When?" I groaned as I flung my blankets back and stretched my legs.

"An hour?" and then the smart ass quickly hung up on me.

Sitting up in my bed, I looked out the window, sure enough it was dark out, then I looked down at my phone and it was eight at night already. Good thing I didn't have work or I would have slept right on through my shift. I knew having a movie marathon and drinks with Amberly last night would make me tired today.

Yawning loudly, I stood to my feet, grabbed a towel and walked out of my room and down the hall into the kitchen. Amberly was sitting at the kitchen table, flicking through a magazine while sipping at her coffee, "Evening." she sang cheerily.

"Are you coming with too?" I asked as I opened the fridge and found a carton of orange juice.

"Get a cup Lee-lee." she complained when she turned to see me drinking straight out of the carton, I shrugged and put the juice back in the fridge, finally noticing what she was wearing.

"So, I take that's a yes to coming then?" I smiled, eyeing her black strapless dress, it was one of her favourites and it ended just above her knees. I must admit though, she did look hot in it.

"Guess I better go shower then." I mumbled as I sleepily trudged back down the hall to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind me.

Opting for a more casual look since we were only going to the Riverside Pub, I put on my light skinny jeans, my black knee length boots with a small heel and a grey off the shoulder top with a black singlet underneath. I left my hair down to dry and used lip gloss on my face and nothing else.

I wanted to walk but Amberly wanted to taxi it there, I did suggest we just both go our own ways but she gave me the 'look' that pretty much said I was being stupid and she would rather strangle me than let me walk alone.

My gut instinct also told me that she probably would have dobbed on me to Baden and then he would have jumped down my throat with a long ass lecture, so realistically, it wasn't worth the walk. Not when them two are going to gang up on me like that.