Chapter 2 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Two ~ ~

For ages now Baden has been asking me to hop down off the coffee table and dance on the floor instead, I think that boy has no faith in my dancing skills or he has too much faith in me falling - again. But it's a party! Who in their right mind goes to a party and comes home without a scratch of some sort? I never do! He needs to loosen up - a lot.

Jenny is long gone, last I seen her she was stumbling off with some guy and making out like there is no tomorrow. Typical Jenny but I'm not going to let her absence ruin the rest of my night, after all her absence last night led me to Baden and he is so hot and such a sweetheart. There wouldn't be that many guys his age out there who wouldn't take advantage of a really drunk girl like myself.

A drunk blond smiled at me and we started dancing together - on the floor - while Baden kept hold of my elbow gently, he was acting like an over protective boyfriend but I was too drunk to care, actually I wouldn't mind at all if he was my boyfriend. I haven't know him long at all but I felt like I could trust him, like we had some kind of connection as much as that sounds like the line of a cheesy romance flick, it's true.

As the night turned slowly into the early hours of the morning, I noticed my 'alcoholic' drinks weren't tasting very alcoholic anymore, I had my suspicions that Baden was either watering them down or just giving me plain water, but I didn't care, I was having fun and honestly, I didn't really need anything more to drink.

Slowly the crowd in the lounge room wound down as people left or passed out in the most random spots. Baden had been talking to some guy for the past hour but I couldn't hear what they were saying since the music was still cranking.

Not long after Phil was suddenly at my side, looking worried as he stared at the front door. I slowly lifted my eyes up to see what he was looking at and froze. There standing in the doorway was someone who was so familiar but so different looking to when I had last seen him and he was glaring hatefully at Baden before his harsh glare turned to me, then to Phil.

Suddenly the music stopped and everyone stood still and quiet around the room.

"Hey, I thought you were busy tonight." Phil lamely muttered. I rolled my eyes, seriously, I could have done better with my drunk brain.

"Yeah, well, when I get a call about Phil having a party and being protective over some girl who has the same name as my little sister, I had to come and check it out." my big brother growled from the front door, then his gaze went back to Baden, "I don't give a rats ass who you are Baden but you get your filthy bloody hands off my sister now!" he snapped harshly.

"He's just my friend." I shot back, not seeing what the big deal was.

"Shut up Lee unless I ask for your drunk opinion!" he snapped loudly back at me, making me flinch.

My handsome brother who I last seen over a year ago was all rugged looking, like he has been in one too many fights at uni, he had a three o'clock shadow compared to his normal smooth hair free face and black bags under his eyes from lack of sleep but his eyes were alert and wide awake for how tired his face looked.

"Nice to know you were back, but just so you know, you have no right to tell me what the hell to do!" I shouted back rudely.

"Leila, calm down." Baden whispered in my ear.

"Don't get all cosy with her Baden! She's not some cheap whore and I'm not letting her get involved with your crap!" Dougy roared as he stormed forward, grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards him.