Chapter 25 - Never Be The Same Again

Hey everyone, sorry it took me so long - I've been busy helping my mum paint and move house, lol..... but here is the next chapter and I hope you all enjoy it. Feedback is always loved!

Enjoy......xo

But just enjoy the new chapter. :D

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Five ~ ~

My heart was pounding away in my chest with fear and adrenalin as we sped through the busy evening traffic, Baden was being reckless like he always was when he was angry but this was overboard even for him. Then again, someone did try and kill me and I had kind of accidentally blamed him without actually meaning too.

Though it was true but I didn't hold it against him, not anymore. It was just the price I have to pay for being with him but like I've said awhile ago, if it's not someone who is looking for revenge or leverage against him, it will be against Dougy or even Phil.

I had half considered closing my eyes but decided if we were going to crash - I'd rather see it coming.

Neither of us has spoken since we left and we've been driving for over half an hour now, cutting through the city to who knows where. I've wanted to ask him so many times where is this 'safe' place but decided not to because he still looks possessed by the fury demon and I've also wanted to tell him I don't plan on staying wherever it is he is taking me too because I want to stay with him.

Another fifteen minutes had passed, the city was behind us now so Baden could speed up even more, why he has not been spotted by the police yet is a complete mystery to me but I'm not complaining because something tells me - he won't pull over if they do put their sirens on.

We were now in some suburb I have never been to before, so I had no idea where exactly we were or how far away from my old apartment I am. Looking around, the area seemed run down and a place where teenage street gangs roamed, robbing people and stealing cars. Hell, we even just drove past a car up on bricks with no wheels!

Ten more minutes and Baden finally slowed down, looking at the houses on his right, I looked too and didn't really like the look of half the boarded up windows and over grown yards, it reminded me of a ghost town.

Pulling into a driveway of one house that looked exactly the same as the others, I wondered if Baden had completely lost his mind and snapped because I do not see how this place could be deemed as 'safe' and there was no way in hell I am staying here alone. If he leaves me, I am ringing Phil the first chance I have and asking him to come pick me up.

Baden shut the engine off and stared up at the front door for a minute before opening his car door and stepping out then bent down and looked back in at me, nodding for me to follow him. I went to open my door but he growled at me, making me stop and look back at him in shock before he held his hand out, motioning for me to take it, which I hesitantly did and climbed out his door.

Together we walked quickly up to the rundown house, I made sure to stay far away from the knee length grass - if you can even call it that anymore, because I was worried about snakes. Baden knocked on the door lightly, still yet to speak to me and we waited.

The sounds of footsteps a few minutes later could just be heard and then the door opened slightly, enough for the barrel of a gun to poke out at Baden's face. My eyes widen, he calls this safe! He has lost his mind!