Chapter 37 - Never Be The Same Again

Hey, just a heads up for everyone that this IS coming to an end really soon, so don’t be shocked if there is only a few chaps left – if that. I originally only had planned 27 chaps and turns out that I'm crap at planning things because I'm already over that by 10 chaps now, lol.

Anyways, thanks for reading and supporting this story – I love you all for it! Xo

Enjoy..................

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Seven ~ ~

Sitting at the kitchen table directly across from him with one arm folded across my stomach, an eyebrow raised and waiting while I took a slow drink out of my beer and stared at him expressionless; he is a flat out jackass. Last night was amazing with Baden though and we truly showed each other how much they were missed, I was that exhausted and worn out I fell asleep in his arms while he was talking afterwards.

Then the downside of our wonderful night together – the lecture started the second I woke up, he didn’t even give me time to finish opening my eyes so I had tried to pretend I wasn’t awake yet but you know when you have an annoying and irritating mozzie buzzing around your head and it just won’t go away and you can’t ignore it because it gets louder and closer? That mozzie was Baden this morning.

**

“Do you know how worried I was? That I thought something had happened to you – that Gianni had somehow gotten hold of you? That you were dead somewhere? And then I find out your with Darcy of all people! Seriously Leila, do you not think sometimes? Never disobey me like that again, do you understand?” he ranted on and on, not giving me a chance to speak; hell he wasn’t even waiting for me to speak at all, not even giving me a second to jump in and defend myself.

“Then there was Phil! Do you know how worried he was as well? Jeff too because you decided to take someone who is practically crippled on your little whirlwind adventure involving crime and guns and drug dealers! I was ready to rip heads off to find you but we didn’t want Gianni getting wind of you two not being with us anymore! Your brother was pulling his hair out with worry!” he paused to take a deep breath in.

Sitting up instantly and glaring at him, “Yes Baden, you all were so worried that you decided to go on killing sprees, house shootings and just be plain old gun happy around the city! I was doing something, I was trying to put an end to this all, I was keeping my ‘crippled’ sister safe and I wasn’t drawing attention to myself while doing it!” I snapped back at him, “Did you see my face on TV? Did you hear anyone even say anything about what I was doing?” I demanded, proving my point.

Up until then he had been glaring at me with anger but was keeping it mostly bottle up, now he had a small smirk, “Yes, actually. I heard word of Jenny.”

My eyes widen slightly as I remembered she must have been the one to tip Gianni crew of about us going to be there waiting to jump them. She was going to so pay for that, “I didn’t beat her up if that’s what you’re saying.” I muttered, folding my arms over my chest.

“No, I saw her face – had Darcy written all over it.” He spoke and I snapped my head back up to look at him, the room suddenly deathly quiet right now compared to all the yelling we were just doing a moment ago.

“What do you mean you saw her face?”

“Exactly that, I saw her face......I went and paid her a little visit, its how I finally got an exact location and time where I could find you.” He growled angrily.