Chapter 34 - Never Be The Same Again

Hey everyone, sorry it’s been awhile – I’ve been so busy lately with renovating and helping build a garage (which totally sucks by the way! I'm not a builder, lol.)

Um, it’s not super long so sorry about that and it’s prob not my best work but I felt rushed to give you guys something and I work better when I have time but I should have free time either tomorrow or the next day to sit down and write up a normal length chapter and make it up to y’all.

Thanks for reading and enjoy....xo

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Four ~ ~

(Baden’s POV)

Leaning against the side of my car with my arms folded over my chest I calmly watched the shadowed figure of someone approaching from the distance. I was hidden in the shadows of some large trees on the outskirts of a deserted football oval.

“Darren.” I greeted with a nod as he came within a few metres of me.

“Boss.” He nodded back. Darren was basically our messenger boy; he spread the word throughout the gang of important events or going ons, which is why I called him to meet me here tonight.

“I want all eyes looking out for my girl and Jeff’s. Find one; the other won’t be too far away.” I spoke as I looked beyond him at the night stars. I got the gut feeling she was back home in the city and since she has already proved she can elude us for four years – I have no doubt if she doesn’t want to be found,  we might not have a chance. Which is why I'm involving my gang this time.

“How do you know they’re together?” Darren curiously asked. He was young still, nineteen if I'm correct.

“Because I know Leila; she’ll be nearby Amberly, you might not see her at first but watch Amberly long enough and the two will join up. Also, I want eyes on Darcy – I want to know what he is up to.” I added because I didn’t believe him when he said he didn’t know where she was. He sounded too smug and cocky with his answer and the fact he hates me as much as I hate him doesn’t help.

“His last name is?”

I smirked slightly, Darcy doesn’t have a last name, well he does but no one knows it, “Druggy Darcy.”

Recognition flashed in Darren’s eyes because everyone knew who druggy Darcy was, if he wasn’t the enemy I would have him come work with us but he prefers to run his own business without having to answer to anyone – well apart from paying me my commission for letting him deal on part of Johnson territory that is.

“On it Boss.” Darren nodded and turned around, taking one step before pausing and looking back at me, “In case you didn’t know, Marty’s place was burnt to the ground last night.” Then he walked off into the darkness.

I didn’t really care about that place or Marty, he still owes me money and it’s only because of Leila that I haven’t been strict on collecting it. We all knew who was responsible for burning it down and Gianni is damn lucky my girl doesn’t work there anymore and had no chance of being caught in that fire.

Climbing back into my car I had only just started it when my phone began ringing, glancing down at the caller ID I frowned slightly. I had been hoping Leila would finally ring me back because that one lousy message wasn’t good enough to calm me down – I need to actually hear her voice and hear her say she is safe and sound.