Chapter 16 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Sixteen ~ ~

Standing in my kitchen of the flat I stirred lots of sugar into my tea, I needed a sugar high to get me energized, Amberly had left an hour ago since she started before me tonight and Dougy had stayed, saying he would give me a lift later.

I even rang Marty before to check I still had a job and luckily I do but that loser Baden had actually told him I quit but good thing Marty listened to me when I told him last time to not believe anything Baden says unless I personally say it to him. Let's just say Marty was relieved to know he still had me.

Though I don't know how long he will have Amberly for, Jeff seemed pretty dead set on her quitting and him paying for everything she needed or wanted. Such the perfect gentleman, I almost just threw up a little in my mouth just then but unlike me, Amberly won't be able to stand her ground for long, she will cave and give in to Jeff, while I will still be doing what I want despite what Baden wants.

"Jenny was up to something." Dougy broke me out of my thoughts.

I rolled my eyes, "Really? Does Captain Obvious want a bloody medal?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Oh look, Sarcastic Shithead makes an appearance."

Frowning, I shook my head, "Not even funny, knob head." I muttered.

"I'm going to suss her out tonight, after I drop you off and after I collect money.....oh and I have to go pay Tom a visit too....and-."

"Shut the hell up!" I snapped, spinning around to look at him with disgust, "I don't bloody want to know what you get up to in your freaking free time! What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded.

Dougy shrugged as he smiled slightly over at me before taking another sip from his beer, "Just talking out loud, don't get your knickers in a knot."

"My knickers are fine thank you. It's the horrible things that come out of your mouth that aren't." I pointed at him with the metal teaspoon I had been stirring my sugar in with.

He glanced at it for a second, "Death by teaspoon, I like it." he nodded with a grin.

Groaning I rolled my eyes, then took a long sip of sickening sweet tea, I gagged, okay, maybe I had used too much sugar. Tipping it down the sink, I opened the fridge and scoured the contents for something of use, right at the back I found an energy drink and cracked it open, testing it with a small sip and finding it yum.

"So, are you over your whole hatred of Ambo now?" I asked as I slid into the seat across from him.

He shrugged, "She's okay, I guess but I don't trust her completely."

Guess it's a start.

"Well, you better stay nice to her, that girl is my adopted sister, so whether you like it or not, she is a part of this messed up sibling thing we have going on." I pointed back and forth between the two of us.

He raised an eyebrow but looked thoughtful, "She really means a lot to you, huh?" I nodded, he fell silent for a few minutes, "I guess I can give her a chance. She was there for you all this time." he added a little sourly.

I smiled softly, "Thanks Dougy, that means a lot to me and I'm sorry I ran, I just didn't know what else to do, I couldn't stay there anymore."

He nodded, "I understand that but I'm still pissed that you did it, whose to say you don't do it again?" he looked at me pointedly.