Chapter 8 - Never Be The Same Again

~ ~ Chapter Eight ~ ~

Pulling on my dark skinny leg jeans and my boots, I stood up and stared at my reflection. I have a white loose fitted top on and a leather jacket over that, my black hair hung loose but it clearly needed to be re-dyed again since I can see the first hints of regrowth starting to show.

Parting my hair to get a better look I sighed softly, I'll go to the shops later after poker and buy some more black dye, then Amberly can dye it for me when she gets home - if she is up for it.

Grabbing my bag as I walked out of my room and past the kitchen table, I stopped and grabbed my phone off charge, looking down at the miss call from Josh. Huh? I thought I would never hear from him again. Staring at the 'ring back' option I debated on whether I should or not.

Ah, what the hell, chances of him actually answering are slim. So as I headed out the front door I listened to the ring tone, locking the door behind me when a gruff voice answered.

WTH!

It was Dougy, he stole Josh's phone and now had my number, clearing my throat I put on a males voice, "Yeah, is Josh there?" I asked rudely. Males are always rude, aren't they?

"Josh is currently sorting through rubbish right now and won't be taking any calls, who is this anyway?"

"Lee, who the hell is this?" I demanded, surprised it was working as I walked down the stairs towards the car park.

"Johnson crew." came his smug reply.

"Johnson!" I shouted out in fake fear, then hung up.

I couldn't stop the little laugh that escaped my mouth as I walked out the front to wait for my taxi. I really needed to get my own car. Suddenly my phone beeped and I looked down to see one new text received from Josh. My step halted for a brief moment and then I kept walking as I opened it up.

Tell your shitty little crew we are taking you all out. - J

Um, okay Dougy. Sorry but your message isn't being passed along. Shoving my phone into my bag I jumped into the taxi that had just pulled up, gave him the address, sat back and waited until we got there.

Unlike my last taxi ride from Baden's house, this one only cost me fifteen dollars. I thanked the driver and then walked down behind the small butcher's shop to the back door. Standing in front of it, I banged loudly and waited.

A moment later a short little pudgy man with a gun sticking out the front of his pants glared at me, he has lost big time to me a few times now and hated it when I showed up. If Darcy didn't have complete say over who can and can't play, this wanker would ban me for life.

"Hi Colin." I fake smiled as I stepped past him and his receding hairline.

How someone so old is even taking orders from Darcy is beyond me, Darcy is only twenty three, still a youngin' compared to some of the other hard core drug dealers in town, he even has his own shipments from overseas and his own runners and traffickers, it's pretty impressive, if only it was legal though.

"Leila! My favourite girl!" Darcy cheered from the head of the poker table, his green sparkling eyes and shiny black hair that stuck up all over the place was what attracted me to him in the first place. He is smokin' hot, way better than Josh too.

He stood up as I walked over to him and pulled me in for a tight bear hug, I could feel his six pack against my own stomach and I knew he was enjoying the feel of my breasts against him too. Pervert.