chapter 17

Natsuki took a step toward Yuri. She stared up at the taller girl through her eyelashes.

Yuri broke eye contact, staring off at the side and twirling her hair. "Natsuki, w-we're supposed to be doing homework..."

Natsuki gave the taller girl a sly smile. "I just can't help myself," she whispered. She had backed Yuri against a wall, her hand sliding up the purple haired girl's left thigh.

Yuri bit her lip, doing everything within her power not to make eye contact. Their lips met and Yuri melted into the kiss. Wait, Yuri thought. This isn't right. Yuri smiled into the kiss before grabbing Natsuki and spinning 180 degrees so that she was against the wall. She never broke the kiss, leaving Natsuki in her surprise. Yuri's lips found a new spot on Natsuki's neck, trailing down to her collarbone. 

Natsuki was more than happy to switch positions. After all, she didn't think she would have been able to keep up the act any longer.

"Are you okay with this?" Yuri whispered, breaking the kisses and resting her forehead against Natsuki's forehead. Her hand was playing with the waistband of the short girl's skirt. 

"I'm more than okay with it," Natsuki said, throwing herself into Yuri with a kiss. 

The tall girl picked her up, and Natsuki wrapped her leg's around Yuri's torso. Yuri carried her over to the bed, brushing off the textbook and a few papers. She laid the short girl on the bed, climbing on top of her, resting her weight on her knees. She took off her shirt as quickly as she could, discarding it on the floor.

Natsuki's eyes bulged from their sockets. She propped herself up on her left elbow, before sitting up fully. She hesitantly reached over, gaining more confidence in her actions, constantly glancing at Yuri's face to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable. She unhooked Yuri's lacy purple bra.

Yuri smiled before pushing Natsuki down on the bed. She pulled the pink haired girl's skirt down, her panties shortly following. "You're so beautiful," she whispered, her hand trailing up Natsuki's thigh-

"What the fuck!" Monika screamed from downstairs. 

Natsuki woke up, startled. She rolled her eyes before clutching her lower abdomen.

Yuri was rubbing her tired eyes with her left hand, but her right hand was still wrapped around Natsuki. The image of Natsuki being the taller one was still burned into her eyes, and she chuckled softly.

Natsuki pushed herself away from Yuri, feigning a disgusted face.

Yuri sighed. She wasn't going to try to force Natsuki to like her. The truth was, they used to be friends when they were little, but they grew up. They became different. Yuri wasn't the type to long for the past. But sometimes, she wished Natsuki wasn't so hard to befriend. 

She couldn't blame her, though. She didn't blame Natsuki for not caring when she was forced to move away. But it still stung a little.

Yuri stretched a little bit before leaving the room.

Natsuki pulled her knees up to her chest, feeling that familiar feeling in her stomach.

"Yuri!" Natsuki screamed from her own yard.

Yuri was helping move boxes out of her house, but she set the small box down and jogged up the Natsuki. "What's up?" The purple haired girl trembled just slightly, as if she was going to cry but she was forcing herself to hold it in.

"My papa wants to know if you will come over for dinner one last time. He says he is going to miss having you around," Natsuki explained, shoving the toe of her shoe into the soft grass. Her hands were in her pockets, and she avoided eye contact with her best friend.

"Do you want me there?" Yuri asked quietly. Lately, things hadn't felt right. Natsuki was distant and cold. 

"I don't really care," Natsuki crossed her arms tightly. "It's my papa who says he's gonna miss you, not me."

"Oh," Yuri said, fiddling with a strand of her hair. She searched the pink haired girl's face for any sign that she would miss her too. She reached out for her hand, but Natsuki's recoiled.

"I'll see you at dinner," Natsuki said curtly, running into her house.

Yuri was left standing there, speechless.

"Yuri, why aren't you helping out. You can't expect us to do everything around here," Kana said in her overly cheerful voice.

"Yes, mother." Yuri picked up her box, which was pretty small but definitely big compared to her. She loaded it on to the truck before glancing over at Natsuki's house. "Mother?" she asked softly.

Kana turned around. "Yes, dear?"

"Can I go over to Natsuki's house for dinner? Mr. Nakamura has invited me."

"As long as you're home by tomorrow when the moving van leaves, I don't care." Kana walked back into the house, calling over her shoulder, "That means I only have to cook enough for me!"

Yuri let out a sigh. "Love you too, Mother." She walked down the sidewalk, careful not to step on any cracks. 

As she was walking up Natsuki's driveway, Mr. Nakamura opened the door, rushing up to Yuri and hugging her. He lifted her in the air as she giggled softly. "It's good to see you again, kiddo!"

"Papa, don't be weird," Natsuki groaned.

"Alright, alright. You two go upstairs and play while I finish up some dinner, okay?"

"Okay," Natsuki answered, taking Yuri by the arm and bringing her up the stairs.

"Ow, you're hurting me," Yuri said, pulled her arm back and cradling it to her chest. "Why are you hurting me?"

"Yuri," Natsuki said softly, her fiery attitude dying down. She finally, for the first time in a week, made eye contact with her friend. "Are you really leaving me?"

"I wish I wasn't," Yuri answered. Her eyes gleamed with tears. "I don't want to leave you."

Natsuki scoffed. "You're such a crybaby."  She pulled Yuri in with her left arm, putting the purple haired girl against her chest. "But I love you."

"I love you too," Yuri answered, burying her face in Natsuki's neck.

"Girls, dinner!" Mr. Nakamura called from downstairs. He was setting the table as the girls arrived. The seats were large enough for both of the girls to share a seat. And that's exactly what they did.

"Oh, Yuri," Mr. Nakamura said. "I'm going to miss having you around to take care of my baby girl."

Natsuki grabbed Yuri's hand and squeezed it.

"I'm going to miss you too, Mr. Nakamura. Please stay in touch with my mother, so we can see each other again."

"I will, don't worry," he replied, shoveling some food into his mouth.

Natsuki glanced down at her hand, whispering to herself, "Why did you leave me with him?" All alone in her empty room, only a few rooms down from Yuri herself.