Marriage

"It hurts when you go through something that kills you inside but you have to act like it doesn't."

Marriage, a bond made out of love, sacrifice, respect, compromise and so many such beautiful and pure feelings and bonds.

Marriage, in our culture, is considered to be the binding of two souls that can never be separated irrespective of which body they are in. The binding live till the souls lives and it carries on forever.

Marriage is the bond that nothing in the world could break as the bond is made out of the purest form of love. That is what marriage in our country and culture is considered to be.

Marriage is all about falling in love many times but with the same person.

Marriage consists of two people who could not live without each other.

Marriage, I was attending one right now.

This marriage was a little special for several reasons. The biggest one being, the heir of the Agarwal business was indeed getting married to the heir of the Malhotra empire.

Two great businesses or as some may say empires were merging with the holy bond of marriage. The flock of journalists and reporters buzzing all around the venue just hoping to get one look at the preparations, hoping to get at least one snap of the bride and the groom.

Just wishing that they could get one interview out of the guests who were invited just to know some kind of inside scoop about the guests and brands involved.

The tight security covering the whole venue making sure to scan and check anyone who entered or left the venue proved how important were the people who were attending the wedding.

Everyone is well aware of what tomorrow's news headlines are going to be. Everyone knows what is going to be viral or trending across all social media platforms tomorrow. Every channel and entity is wishing and hoping that they are the first ones to share the pictures or at the very least they have something exclusive to share.

There was one more reason this wedding was very special to me.

This was my lover's wedding and I was nothing but just a guest.

I was standing in one of the most beautiful wedding venue which was decorated with the most beautiful flowers I have ever come across. The whole theme just screamed elegance. 

The venue was decorated with the top brand décor. It really looked like a royal wedding was going to take place.

Every one attending the wedding was head to toe covered in designer brands, showing off all the wealth they had.

The bride was all glammed up too. 

The checklist of the perfect bride, from the most beautiful attire to the most expensive jewelry to perfect make-up. All check.

The groom, his happiness has no bounds today. The smile on his face seems like a permanent tattoo that won't go away so easily.

The only thing that is a little off about the marriage is the fake smile on the bride's face. The visible tension seen in her eyes is only seen by the ones who are closest to her.

I stand there, attending the beautiful marriage of my girlfriend, of the love of my life, where I perform all the rituals that her sister has to perform because that is what we are to the world, best friends who can easily be mistaken as sisters.

The thought that our closeness could be something more than best friends will never even cross them. That is all we will always be just best friends and there is nothing we can ever do about it.

I am standing beside her but not on the side I wanted. I am on the side meant for the family members when a man who knows nothing more than just basics about her stands at the side where the partner of her whole life should be.

I stand there watching her smile at all the people who congratulate her on the wedding that is going to be happening soon. They are very happy to see yet another beautiful couple tie the bond and think they will live happily ever after.

I am  standing by her side knowing that in few hours I will lose her completely to a man she does not even know properly. I know that soon our fate as best friends will be sealed for life. In few hours she will be destined to be with  some guy who she doesn't even love, for her entire life.

I am here, trying my best to smile as gracefully as she does while holding all the tears and pain in. Trying my best to seem as happy for my "sister's" wedding as everyone else attending is.

I will be by her side for the whole ceremony but once the wedding takes place, I will no longer be needed. Then she will have her husband  take care of her.

I stand here in the vanity room, all alone with her, helping her with all final touch up cause soon her father will be giving her away to her new life. Sending her to start the next stage of life with a man he feels is perfect for his daughter. 

I stand here, looking into her eyes and only one thought in my mind that there is still time to successfully runaway if we want.

Runaway to our happily ever after. Runaway to a new start.
Runaway to find our happiness rather than just searching it our society's happiness.
Runaway to a destination where we do not have to just be best friends and can be so much more with no fear in our minds.
Runaway leaving everyone behind even ourselves and just start on a completely clean slate.

Just run away to anywhere but here......

_______________

"Worst kind of pain is when you are smiling just to stop the tears from falling."

------------------

Don't be a silent reader, show your support by voting, commenting and sharing.

-Rhea