Epilogue

"You were a place in my heart no one could ever have."

Five years later 

She is laying on the bed, sheets messily covering her, all her hair beautifully messed up, a layer of sweat covering her whole body. Her face clearly shows how tired she is yet she is at her happiest, at the most peaceful moment of her life. A smile tattooed on her face that nobody can erase. Happiness covering her that nothing can destroy. Not today, nothing can destroy her good mood today.

In her hands lays the most beautiful little angel that just graced the earth a few hours ago and she has yet to let go of her mother to show her face to anyone else. She kept her face hidden in her mother's chest enjoying the feeling of her skin on her mother's. 

Beside them, stood the father of the child, holding his wife's hand in pure support and love with a smile once again tattooed on his face. It seems like the tattoo has yet to wear off. Patiently waiting for his little angel to notice him and finally holding his delicate little angel in his hands and protect her from this cruel world.

He is a proud man today, who just became a father to a beautiful angel and has received the most precious gift anyone can ever receive and he wants nothing more to just show her off to everyone in the whole world. To show off his small happy family he has worked so hard on creating.

And then in the corner of the room, I am standing watching my ex girlfriend, or let's say best friend again receiving several congratulations on another of the happiest moment of her life.

I stand there observing her. It's been five years since I last anyone including  her. I never faced her after the marriage, I never had the strength to but now things have changed. I have changed. She has changed and our world has too.

"Congratulations on the little angel Amaira and Siddharth. Have you decided a name?" 

My tone is happy, I am genuinely happy to see her happy just a little sad that it was not me who made her that happy.

"Thank you so much, Riya for congratulations. We have decided to name her Sonia." 

"I am lowkey offended that you did name her after me," I can not help but tease her a little bit,

"I did not want her life to end up like yours," even through Amaira's playful voice I can hear a hint of seriousness and I kind of agree with her. I don't want the little angel to go threw the same problems that I went through and defiantly not the sacrifices I had to make 

"Riya, thank you so much for our wedding gift, the bike. I didn't meet you after the wedding. Amaira loves the bike rides." Siddharth thanks me.

I told you Amaira, that you were not anyone, I would have given you anything all you had to do was ask. I no longer have any bitterness for him, he is a great man who makes Amaira very happy who knows even happier than I could have ever made her.

"No problem at all Siddharth. No problem at all. I will come again later. I am on a tight schedule today, unfortunately."

Amaira and I both know that I was not going to come again any time soon. After all, it took me five years and childbirth just for this little visit. I don't hate any of them for the decisions they made, she did what she felt was right and I did what seemed right to me. I just don't know them anymore. 

It's weird but we have become strangers but with great history. 

She has found solace in her situation. She has found happiness in her life maybe not the amount she deserved but still enough to live by. Her husband is a great man who tries his best to bring her all the happiness he can. She had learned to be happy in what she has.

I on the other hand am totally different. I had totally rebelled, left my family behind, and ran away alone to start a new journey this time all alone and I have found my happiness too.

We both have found our happiness in our own ways, in our own amounts by our own definitions. She will always be a part of my heart but that part no longer ached but was rather happy just remembering the beautiful memories we made together.

And they lived happily ever after. Separately........

____

What do you guys think about the story? Love it, like it, hate it ?

Would you have went to visit your ex if they had just given birth?

Want bonus chapters? Give me some ideas that you would like to see

Don't be a silent reader, show your support by commenting, voting, and sharing.

-Rhea