The Contest

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy this new chapter!! I have another one on the way shortly! This story for me has been really fun to write and I'm very thankful for all your patience. Also, the photo above is not my own. Thank you again and on with the chapter!
😁💕💕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

The targets are set up and arranged as the royal family sits in their thrones. (Y/N) stands at Meridan's side.

Fergus stands from his throne and throws his arms out. "It's time!"

Eleanor stands beside her husband with a smile on her face. "Archers, to your marks!"

"Aye! Archers, to...your marks!" Fergus follows in suit of his wife's words still wanting to me the king he is.

Eleanor brings her hands together. "And may the lucky arrow find its target!"

The crowd cheers as the young daughters of the clans get ready to shoot. Most of them seemed to have no idea what they were doing.

The young MacGuffin girl struggles with her bow, trying to get a hold of it correctly.

Fergus groans in impatience. "Oi! Get on with it!"

Young MacGuffin shoots, but hits the edge of the target.

Meridan feels pleased seeing the young girl fail. He smiles at (Y/N) then turns to his father.

"I bet she wishes she was baking pies." Meridan chuckles.

Fergus follows suit with the teasing. "Holding up trays of tea!"

Meridan and Fergus laugh while Eleanor scoffs at their behavior. (Y/N) had to try to stifle her laughter so as to not receive a glare from the queen.

Young Macintosh is next to shoot the target. She tries to act all tough as she shoots her arrow which just misses the center of the target.

"Nooo! Aaahh!" The young Macintosh starts throwing a tantrum.

"At least you hit the target!" Lord Macintosh encourages his daughter to no avail.

Meridan rolls his eyes. "Oh, that's attractive."

He looks to (Y/N) who giggles a bit.

In her anger, the young Macintosh throws her bow, someone in the crowd catches it and shouts out with glee. "I got it!"

A small brawl breaks out in the audience over the bow.

Meridan turns to his father. "Good arm!"

Fergus nods. "And such lovely flowing locks."

Meridian, Fergus, and (Y/N) laugh which cause Eleanor to look at the three, unpleased.

"Fergus." Eleanor looks sternly at her husband.

Fergus looks over to her, tilting his head. "What?"

When it's young Dingwall's turn at the archery, she struggles to hold the bow.

Meridan watches the sight. "Oh, wee lamb."

"Not everyone is used to holding a bow Mer." (Y/N) comments.

Fergus, frustrated that Dingwall can barely hold on to the bow, shouts. "Oh, come on! Shoot, woman!"

His booming voice startles young Dingwall and she accidentally releases, shooting the center of the target. Everyone cheers for the young girl.

Lord Dingwall smiles proudly, doing a little victory dance. "Well done! Well done!"

Then he bends over and lifts his kilt up at Lord Macintosh and Lord MacGuffin. "Feast your eyes!"

Lord Macintosh and Lord MacGuffin look away in disgust and start making gagging noises, ready to vomit.

"Well, that's just grand now isn't it? Guess who's coming to dinner?" Fergus says looking over to his wife.

"Fergus." Eleanor spoke under her breath trying to make him stop.

"By the way, hope you don't mind being called Sir Ding-" Fergus turns towards his son to realize a dog is in his place.

His eyebrows grew together in confusion as he looks around for his missing eldest son. He looks over to (Y/N) who looks away immediately, she knew where Meridan was. Before he could utter another word a horn sounded.

Everyone looks back out at the archery range to see a person cloaked in black holding the banner of Clan DunBroch. The person reaches up and pulls back the cloak, letting it drop to the ground. There stood Meridan.