Changing Fate

Helloooooo everyone!!! Again, sorry it's been a while, but I've been working really hard at some new chapters during school. I hope you like them as much as I do! Now, on with the story!!
😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/N) - Your Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Person POV

"Come on (Y/N)! The sooner we get back to the castle; the sooner we can change my fate!" Meridian says excitedly as he rushes over to Angus.

"Slow down a bit Mer, rushing so quickly is not going to help the situation." I make my way over to him, but he gives me no time to say a word as he pulls me up in front of him and squeezes his legs, starting Angus off.

I grab onto Meridan 's forearms, holding the reins to steady myself.

Meridan continues at this fast pace towards the castle until the two of us are rushing through the open gates. Once inside, Meridan picks me up and jumps off of Angus.

I yelp in surprise as I wrap my arms around Meridan 's neck.

He doesn't waste time to put me down; instead, he runs into the castle and into the kitchen with me in his arms. He sets me down on the marble countertop before quickly getting out a tray and setting up a nice tea tray for his mother.

"Meridan , how do you know this is going to work?" I ask the frantic prince, concerned he was putting too much trust into a witch.

"It has got to work; it just has to!" Meridan  says before picking up the tray to leave the kitchen.

I jump down from the counter to follow after him, but neither of us have a chance to leave as the queen walks in.

Eleanor's eyes widen at the sight of her son. "Meridan !"

Meridan  places down the tray as his mother rushes over to hug him.

"Mom! Oh...uh...I...um..." Meridan  stutters, unsure of what to say

Eleanor sees me as well, "(Y/N)! Oh, I've been worried sick!" She pulls me into their hug, and I gently hug her back.

"You...you were?" Meridan  asks, a bit surprised.

Eleanor looks down at Meridan  like he's crazy to think she didn't miss him, "I didn't know where you'd gone or when you'd come back! I didn't know what to think! Oh, look at your clothes!" Eleanor reaches down and touches his tattered clothes doing the same to mine.

"Oh, Angus threw us. But we're not hurt." Meridan  says, trying to calm his mother's worries.

"He's right Ma'am, we're both perfectly fine," I join in.

Eleanor sighs softly, but smiles, "Well, you're home now. So that's the end of it."

"Honestly?" Meridian asks softly.

Eleanor nods, "I've pacified the lords for now. You're father's out there 'entertaining' them." She smiles a bit, laughing softly to herself; I'm guessing about what she assumed Fergus was doing to entertain the men.