Dinner with the Family

I apologize greatly for not updating this story sooner. I've been busy with school starting up, but I hope you enjoy this story. I really love the movie Brave and I hope this helps you love the movie more. Also, I would love it if you guys would check out mystreetstorys on TikTok. It's a cosplay group I'm in with some amazing people. If you don't, that's ok. I love you all anyway! Now, on with the chapter!!
😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meridan and I walk through the kitchen to get to the dining room. As we walk through, Meridan motions for me to grab the tray of sweets that his brothers' love so much. I nod, grabbing the tray before following him, keeping the tray behind my back.

Meridan and I make our way into the dining room while King Fergus is telling his tale of his encounter with Mor'du to the young princes again. Two of the three are sleeping while the other is reenacting his father's movements.

"From nowhere, the biggest bear you've ever seen! His hide littered with the weapons of fallen warriors — his face scarred with one dead eye! I drew my sword, and..."

Meridan interrupts the story which brings excitement to the boys' faces. "Whooosh! One swipe, his sword shattered, then, chomp! Dad's leg was clean off! Down the monster's throat it went."

"Aww, that's my favorite part!" The king groans upset he didn't get to finish the story.

I step forward to finish the story. "Mor'du has never been seen since. And he's roaming the wild, awaiting his chance for revenge."

Meridan roads causing the princes to screech and laugh.

King Fergus puffs out his chest. "Let him return. I'll finish what I gobbled in the first place..."

"Meridan, a prince does not place his weapons on the table." Queen Elenor spoke up against the laughter which caused Meridan to groan.

"Mum.. it's just my bow."

She rolls her eyes slightly a bit annoyed with his complaining. "A prince should not have weapons in my opinion."

"Let him be! Prince or not, learning to fight is essential." Fergus throws his hand to the side trying to wave off his wife's opinion on the matter.

The king was right though. Meridan should know how to fight. It's not safe in our world to not know how to fight, that's why I was having Meridan teach me.

Meridan smiles excitedly looking to his mother. He pushed past his mother's previous complaining. "Mom, you'll never guess what (Y/N) and I did, today!"

"Hmm?" Elenor looks to Meridan raising her eyebrow slightly.

He bounces slightly in place. "We climbed the Crone's Tooth and drank from the Fire Falls."

The young princes' eyes widened in shock. They couldn't believe their brother had been brave enough to do it.

"Fire Falls? They say only the ancient kings were brave enough to drink the fire." Fergus says a bit surprised as well.

Meridan laughs a bit and wrinkles his nose at his father causing me to laugh a bit as well. It was nice to see the family so cheerful.

I glance over to Queen Eleanor and I notice she's reading some papers on the table. What were they about?

Eleanor doesn't look up from the letters as she speaks up. She clearly hadn't been listening. "What did you do, dear?"

"Nothing, mom." Meridan sighs.