Bonding Over Food

Hey everyone! I just got back from being at camp for two weeks. With my crazy work schedule, I'm trying to go out as much as I can to help out and see my friends. I'll try and post when I can. I hope this chapter suffices for now. On with the story!!!
😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/N) - Your Name
(L/N) - Last Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Person POV

After the witch's cottage disappears, it starts to rain.

Meridan sighs before looking back at (Y/N). He gently lifts his head and runs his fingers across her forehead, wiping away the rain from her face, "Thank you.."

(Y/N)'s cheeks become a soft pink color from his touch, but she nods, "O-of course.. Now.. come on, lets build a shelter before we freeze to death.

Meridan nods in agreement before standing and helping (Y/N) up as well.

The two split up; Meridan gathers materials for the shelter while (Y/N) goes looking for some dry wood for a fire.

After a lot of hard work, the shelter is made and (Y/N) scraps some rocks together to start a fire.

Meridan turns to his mother and motions to the shelter, "We'll sort it out tomorrow."

As the three sleep, Meridan has a flashback in his dreams to when he was a little boy, afraid of thunder. He always tried to hide it because he wanted to be brave for (Y/N), who was scared of thunder as well, but his mother knew. His mother would hold and comfort the two of them always.

Eleanor would say, "Brave little boy. Hey, wee lassy. I'm here. I'll always be right here," as she pulled the two in close to her chest.

Meridan wakes in the morning, stretching out his sore back as he sits up. He looks to his side to see (Y/N) asleep beside him. He smiles softly, gently running his fingers across her forehead to brush some of her (H/C) hair out of her face.

(Y/N) starts to stir at his touch and her eyes flutter open. She looks up at the large, muscular curly mained red head above her. Her cheeks turn pink as she smiles softly up at him, "Good morning Mer.. did you sleep alright?"

"I slept wonderfully beside you," Meridian smiles before helping (Y/N) up, off of the ground.

The two make their way out of the shelter to find Eleanor has laid out a table for breakfast.

Meridan looked a bit surprised as he places his bow down on the table, "Uh...good morning. So, what's all this supposed to be?"

Eleanor growls and moves her paws trying to communicate.

"Sorry, I don't speak bear," Meridan retorts.

(Y/N) hits Meridan in the chest with the back of her hand, "Hush!"

Eleanor groans slightly then mimes out that Meridan should remove his bow from the table.

"Oh!" Meridan removes his bow and Eleanor starts eating the berries she had gathered for breakfast.

Meridan and (Y/N) share a look, "Find those by the creek, did you?" (Y/N) asks.

Eleanor nods.

"They're Nightshade berries. They're poisonous." Meridan smirks slightly in a knowing way.

Eleanor immediately panics and spits out the berries she'd just put in her mouth. She quickly starts drinking the water she had gathered.

"Where did you get this water? It has worms!" Meridan informs his mother.

Eleanor quickly spits out the water she was drinking and sits in defeat.

(Y/N) smiles softly, gently placing her hand on Meridan's arm before walking over to Eleanor, "Come on."

Meridan, (Y/N), and Eleanor head to a creek. Meridan then uses his bow to catch a fish.

Meridan smirks proudly, showing his mother, "Breakfast!"

Eleanor claps for him.

"Oh, wait! A prince should not have weapons, in your opinion," Meridan pulls the fish back.

Eleanor nods in agreement, but then shakes her head realizing she needed food.

Meridan holds the fish out for Eleanor, "There you go. Go on."

The fish flaps, as it's still alive, and Eleanor turns away in disgust.

Meridan looks to (Y/N) annoyed with his mother, but she excourages him to try again, "How do you know you don't like it if you won't try it?"

Eleanor motions for him to cook it over the fire.

(Y/N) then cooks the fish over a fire for her.

Eleanor tries to eat with decorum but quickly chomps it down in one bite. Eleanor realizes she is still hungry. She tries to get Meridan to catch her more fish, but he shakes his head and points to the river.

The three make their way over to the river and Meridan teaches Eleanor and (Y/N) how to catch fish from the creek.

Eleanor wasn't really liking the idea of getting wet in the river originally, but (Y/N) and Meridan encouraged her to try. They ended up catching a lot of fish together and having lots of fun getting wet. Meridan and (Y/N) didn't mind their soaked clothes one bit.

While Meridan and (Y/N) laugh together about all the fish they caught, Eleanor starts to walk off into the forest.

Meridan notices and goes to follow her, "Mom, come back!"

"Eleanor, where are you going?" (Y/N) follows suit confused.

Eleanor turns back to the young teenagers and starts to act more like a bear, growling with dark eyes.

"Mom, is that you?" Meridan asks softly, concerned.

Eleanor growls and goes to attack Meridan and (Y/N).

Meridan barely had a moment to react, but he had chosen to push (Y/N) behind him to protect her from what he thought would be large claws to the face.

Suddenly Eleanor stops, remembering who she really was. Her eyes widen as she starts to panic a bit.

"Mom? You changed! Like you were a...I mean, like you were a bear on the inside," Meridian motions to his chest. He looks back at (Y/N) and the two share a similar look of concern.

Out of the corner of their eyes, the two notice a wisp and Eleanor jumps to grab it.