Prince Requirements

The image above is not my own, credit goes out to the original artist, but this is how I image older male Merida. I hope you enjoy today's chapter!!! 😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV

"Some say our destiny is tied to the land, as much a part of us as we are of it. Others say fate is woven together like a cloth, so that one's destiny intertwines with many others. It's the one thing we search for, or fight to change. Some never find it. But there are some who are led."

The beautiful world of DunBroch is full of magic and mystery. The 7 stones are one of the most magical places while the forest that lies around it is full of mystery, some mysteries long forgotten by time. In the end, that's not what this story is about.

"The story of how my father lost a leg to the demon bear Mor'du became a legend. I became an older brother with 3 new brothers, the princes Hamish, Hubert, and Harris. Wee devils more like. They get away with murder. I can never get away from anything!"

The large wooden and metal gates open to reveal a grown up Meridan taking a large bite out of an apple. Queen Elinor sits in her throne disappointed. She then smiles and motions for Meridan to do the same as well as to look more presentable. He takes his bite of the apple and lightly tosses it behind him wiping his mouth off on his sleeve. Meridan walks towards the throne trying to be presentable. His father also sits in his throne nearby while (Y/N) stands beside Meridan's throne. She smiles weakly to him knowing how much he doesn't enjoy this royalty stuff.

"I'm the prince. I'm the example. I've got duties, responsibilities, expectations. My whole life is planned out, for the day I become, well, my mother! She's in charge of every single day of my life." Meridan sighs in annoyance sitting down in his throne.

Later, Meridan is then forced into singing an old English song. One that bothers him to no end and that he does not care to sing.

"A Robyn, jolly Robyn, and thou shalt know of myn."

Elinor calls out from an above balcony. "Project!"

"And thou shalt know of myn." Meridan was starting to get bored, his eyes wandering the room. They made their way over to his friend, (Y/N) who stood patiently listening to what Elinor was saying and watching Meridan bore himself.

"Annunciate, you must be understood from anywhere in the room!" Elinor says which Meridan didn't seem to care for. "Or it's all for naught."

Meridan mutters to himself. "This is all for naught.." (Y/N) giggles softly to herself, before going silent from the queen's words.

"I heard that! From the top!" Elinor calls from above irritating Meridan more.

"A prince must be knowledgeable about his kingdom." Elinor says holding a small stick pointing it at different parts on a map. Elinor glances over to Meridan and grabs a piece of paper he had been drawing on that he was showing (Y/N). It was a terrible drawing of his mother teaching.

"He does not doodle." She says a bit sternly.

The queen and Meridan are practicing the lyre while (Y/N) is playing the harp. While Elinor is playing beautiful music, Meridan continues to pluck one singular note.

"That's C, dear."

He groans in annoyance and switches to a different string.

Meridan stands beside his father with a bird on his arm. He decides to remove the small mask on the bird's head causing the bird to rush at Fergus's face. Fergus yelps out loudly trying to fend off the bird while Meridan laughs. (Y/N) is over at the table in the tent with Elinor. She was working on some sketches. She was working on drawing out what some of the birds nearby looked like. (Y/N) had been drawing the bird Meridan had been holding until it attacked Fergus. She laughs as well causing Elinor looks up.

She calls out to Meridan. "Princes don't chortle." Which silenced both Meridan and (Y/N).

Even at the dining table Elinor continues on about what princes shouldn't do.

"Doesn't stuff his gob!"

Elinor stand in Meridan's bedroom opening the curtains wide waking the exhausted sleeping man.

"Rises early!"

This continues on throughout ever room in the castle.

"Is compassionate,"

"patient,"

"cautious!"

"clean."

As Elinor is walking with the king, she turns to look at Meridan.

"And above all, a prince strives for, well.. perfection."

"But every once in a while, there's a day when I don't have to be a prince."

Meridan wakes up early grabbing his bow and quiver before rushing down the hall quickly banging on (Y/N)'s door. (Y/N)'s door opens quickly with a tired, yet smiling girl. The two rush down the stairs to Angus's and (H/N)'s stables.

"No lessons, no expectations. A day when anything can happen. A day I can change my fate."

(Y/N) and Meridan jump up onto their horses and ride off, out the gates of the castle to their adventure.