No Choice

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter today, I got a bit of inspiration from some new online rp groups I joined and of course admiralwesteegaard. Now, on with the chapter!
😁💕💕

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abbreviations
(Y/n) - Your Name
(H/C) - Hair Color
(E/C) - Eye Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color
(H/N) - Horse's Name
~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally reached Meridan's door. I try the handle and thankfully it was unlocked. I quickly open the door and make my way in. Meridan was fuming. His hands were pulling at his curled hair as he growled aloud.

I make my way over to him and place my hand gently on his arm. He goes silent as his eyes slowly turn to look over at me. He looks into my (E/C) eyes as I look back into his beautiful sky blue eyes. "Meridan.. are you ok?.."

Meridan looks away from me. He sighs. "No.. they don't get it. I don't want to marry some random girl from another clan. I don't love them.. I want to marry someone I want to marry.. that I know.. someone who won't judge me for what I'm passionate about.."

I squeeze his arm slightly. "I know.. I agree with you one hundred percent.. maybe.. maybe you should talk with your mother.. try and make her understand.."

"Have you met my mother?!" Meridan raises his eyebrow like I'm crazy. "She would never understand!"

Before I had the chance to say anything more, Queen Eleanor entered Meridan's room.

Meridan couldn't control his anger, I don't blame him. "Mother! Suitors! Marriage?!"

Eleanor makes her way across the bedroom over to the chess table. She kept every ounce of her composure. "Once there was an ancient kingdom."

"Aah! Mom! Ancient kingdom!" Meridian groans not wanting to hear it.

Eleanor continues. "It's name long forgotten, ruled by a wise and fair king who was much beloved. And when he grew old he divided the kingdom among his four sons."

Eleanor took some of the pieces from the chess set and set the four men to represent the sons at each corner of the board. She placed a board on top as well.

"That they should be the pillars on which their piece of land rested. But.. the oldest prince wanted to rule the land for himself, he followed his own path and the kingdom fell, from war and chaos and ruin."

Just like Eleanor's story, the board fell to the ground unable to stand with only one piece holding up the unbalanced board. I bit my lip slightly; I had heard this story before, long ago.

Meridan rolls his eyes and speaks up sarcastically. "That's a nice story."

"It's not just a story, Meridan. Legends are lessons, and they ring with truths!" Eleanor turns to Meridan and looks him in the eyes.

Meridan groans again. "Ach, mom!"

" I would advise you to make your peace with this. The clans are coming to present their suitors." Eleanor stands tall. There was no stopping her.

Meridian was fuming once more the tips of his ears and his cheeks turning red in his rage. "It's not fair!"

Eleanor rolls her eyes waving her hand slightly at him "Oh, Meridan! It's marriage, it's not the end of the world."

Eleanor walks out of Meridan's room and Meridan slams the door shut behind her. His hands shook slightly after what he did. I could easily tell that he hated the idea of this marriage, but he was afraid too.

I step up to Meridan and turn him gently to face me. I take both of his large hands in mine and give them a gentle, comforting squeeze.

He stares down at me a bit shocked by my actions, but he relaxed into it quickly.

I smile softly up at him. He seemed to really enjoy that.

"Meridan, I've been your friend since we were kids. I know this whole thing is bothering you to no end. Maybe, we should take this chance to just relax for a little while and focus on something else, something simpler." I chose my words carefully hoping not to strike a nerve with him.

Thankfully, I didn't. He nods slightly. "Okay.. and.. (Y/N)?"

"Yeah?" I ask softly.

"Thank you.. For all of this.." Meridan spoke softly pulling me close and into his warm embrace.

I wrap my arms around the large man feeling safe in his strong arms. In this moment, when I was supposed to be comforting him, he was comforting me too.

"I've done nothing that you wouldn't have done for me.." I spoke softly to him as I slowly lift my head to look up at his softened features from this moment.

Meridan himself had a very strong jawline and sharp blue eyes that could pry apart your very soul if he wanted to, but when he was like this, he was as innocent as a daisy. His face looked less frightening and more ready to give you a hug or share some stolen treats from the kitchen with you. I loved moments like this with him. They were some of my favorites.

Sadly, now that Meridan is of age to marry, he has less and less freetime which means little time for him to go out riding and even less time to spend with me.

No matter what happens, I'll always be there for Meridan. Well, until the moment he sends me away from the caste because he no longer needs nor wants me.