Chapter 6

Hailey's POV

I was working my shift at the cafe this morning when a call from the hospital made me feel like the world got torn apart. My mother's condition worsen this morning and Dr Mitchell suggested to put my mum under chemotherapy to control the cancer cells from spreading further. However, I was unable to afford the enormous fees for it but nevertheless, I agreed to his suggestion. 

During my break, I was searching for more part time jobs or maybe even a full time job which could allow me to earn enough to pay for the treatment fees. Cassidy came up to me with a cup of coffee in her hands and sighed, "How's your mother doing now?" I tried to gave her smile which failed terribly before replying, "Not so good right now. But hopefully the chemotherapy will help in some way." 

Cassidy then asked, "Hay, if you are in need of money to pay for your mother's bills, I have some spare cash and I can lend it to you." I shook my head, "No Cass, it's fine. I will manage them but thank you for your offer." I couldn't accept it because I knew that her family isn't doing that well either, she had to pay for her younger brother's school fees ever since her mother fell ill. We went back to working when our break was over and I just brushed the matter aside. 

Xavier's POV

I was called to the hospital by my mother this morning and she briefly told me that both her and dad have something important to discuss with me. I set aside my work, and drove to the hospital. As I stepped into the ward, I could sense that the atmosphere was tensed up and something went wrong, judging from the expression of my parents.

"Xavier, take a seat first before we tell you what happened." mum pat on the chair next to her. 

I sat down and after which dad started talking in a solemn voice, "Xavier, this morning I received a call from the Blake. He wanted to withdraw his investments from the company." My eyes shot up, what the hell?!? Blake Inc is one of the biggest shareholder in the company which means that the company will face major financial problems when one of the biggest shareholder withdraws. 

"That son of a bitch. So what's the reason behind his sudden withdrawal?" I clenched my fist in anger, that man is always up to no good and is constantly looking for an opportunity to gain more benefits from others. 

"He said that he will not withdraw on one condition, that being the fact that you must be married to his only daughter, Mikayla. Of course I didn't agree to his condition because there's no way that your mother and I will allow you to marry that troublemaker home and tarnish your reputation." dad said while shaking his head. At that moment, I just felt like punching Blake in the face. How dare he tried to threaten us to marry his crazy daughter in exchange for his investments in the company? No way in hell I was going to do it. Moreover Mikayla Blake is infamous for doing one night stands with guys and her crazy drunk driving. 

"Dad, just let him withdraw. I will invest in your company and we shall make our companies do a collaboration so that even if he withdraws, it will not affect the company." my voice laced with determination because I'm not going to let his withdrawal be the cause of the company's downfall. The company was built from my dad's blood, sweat and tears so no way in hell will I watch it collapse. 

"But Xavier, that's not all. He had already leaked news to the media that you are going to get married in a few weeks time, just that he didn't specify who you would be marrying. He's forcing you to marry Mikayla." what the fucking hell that sly fox. Dad and I were racking our brains hard to think of a possible way to escape from the marriage when mum suddenly spoke up. 

"I've been thinking, since Blake didn't specify who Xavier will be marrying, why don't we find a girl for Xavier in advance and announce it to the media such that Blake would not have a chance to push Mikayla to Xavier?" we widened our eyes in shock, splendid!!! Dad hugged mum happily and kissed her forehead. Oh gosh, my eyes. 

"Then how about this Xavier? I have a perfect candidate in mind right now." dad was trying to give me a wink while mum was giggling like a high school teenager. I shot my eyebrows up and asked, "Who do you have in mind?" 

"Hailey Baxter." dad said it with such confidence that I don't even know where he got it from. I wanted to reject it at first but I guess I'm at a dead end right now so I have no choice but to agree. Moreover, I can't help but to say that I was really curious about that woman after that incident at the cafe.

"All right then, I will ask her to help me out." shock and happiness were written all over my parents' faces when they heard that I have agreed to the suggestion. 

End of chapter 6!!! finally things have gotten exciting a little yay!!! idk if the plot for this chapter even sounds logical but I could not think of better ones :((( took me about an hour to plan everything out and typed them out in about 15 minutes :) hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter!!

What is your favourite colour? 

generally I prefer black and maybe grey on some days teehee but purple is one of my favourite too!