Chapter 11

Xavier's POV

To say that I'm shocked was an understatement. I didn't expect that Hailey would bother delivering the file to me when I didn't even realise that I forgot to bring. Honestly, I was also shocked by myself at what I had said to that receptionist. But it actually felt good to say it out. Wait what? I felt good? 

Although I had a big breakfast this morning, I still decided to go out to have lunch with Hailey since I heard her stomach growling so badly. After all, who could say no to more food? I've brought her to a small diner which I would always visit when I have time. The old lady there was so kind and friendly that she treats me like her own grandson. 

Upon stepping into the diner, she welcomed me with a big grin on her face and said, "It's been so long since you have last visited here! Oh, who's this beautiful lady here?" her mischievous side was coming out and I could see the side of her mouth was slightly curving upwards. 

"She's a friend, Emma. And I want the usual dishes please." I don't know why but that just shot out of my mouth. For a moment I felt bad for not introducing to Emma that Hailey was my wife but I wasn't sure if Hailey would like that so I just brushed that aside. 

We took a seat and soon, food arrived. Emma's diner was a Chinese cuisine diner which attracted me so much because they were all home cooked food made by her. The table consists of curry chicken, soup dumplings, braised pork belly, sweet and sour pork and lastly chicken rice. I glanced over at Hailey who had not spoken a single word after arriving and she was looking at all the food as though she was about to drool. I silently smirked to myself, she will love these. 

She seemed to be really fascinated by all those dishes that she managed to finish within 15 minutes. I guess she was really starving. She looked at me with a satisfied smile on her face and said, "Thanks for bringing me here today, it's really delicious and I had a great meal." I just nodded at her before standing up to pay for the meal. When I opened my wallet, I just realised I forgot to bring some spare cash because I didn't know that I would come to the diner today. The diner don't accept credit cards and they only accept cash so every time before I come, I would always make sure that I have enough spare cash in my wallet. 

Since today was an impromptu visit, I didn't bring cash and I was hesitating if I should ask Emma whether or not I can pay her later. Hailey seemed to have noticed the situation that she went up to the counter and paid Emma for the meal. I spoke up, "But I brought you here today and-" she cut me off before I can finish my words, "Yeah you did but no one said that you will pay and besides the diner doesn't accept credits cards and I'm sure you don't have any cash with you right now isn't it? So let's just take it that I'm repaying you for the 3 million for one of these meals." I could feel my ears growing hot, why is it that she will always appear when I don't have any cash on me? And somehow I just question myself if I was still a billionaire. 

After she paid for the meal, we bade farewell to Emma before leaving the diner. It was about 4.30pm in the late afternoon and Hailey broke the silence after a while, "Urm, I'm going to go home now since we've had our lunch. Oh right and by the way do you have any preference for tonight's dinner?" I shook my head, "Nope, you can cook anything you like. I'm not a picky eater." 

With that, we went on our separate ways and I could feel warmth in my heart because for once, I felt like going home early thanks to a certain someone. 

End of chapter 11!! I'm in a rush tonight so this chapter is kinda short but I still hope that you guys enjoyed it!!

I can't think of any question for now because I'm rushing for another class!!