Chapter 17

Hailey's POV

I woke up early this morning to prepare breakfast as usual. After preparing everything, I decided to do some laundry as I realised that I haven't got the time to do so. I collected my clothes while walking past Xavier's room, I thought to myself that I should help him wash his clothes too. I knocked gently on the door and I didn't receive any response so I turned the knob and entered. His bed was already tidied up and I saw a pile of clothes lying on the floor, meaning those are meant to be washed. 

While picking up the clothes I saw a picture was sticking out from one of the books on the bookshelf so I pulled it out. It was a picture of Xavier and another woman who seemed to be in her early twenties, she had long brown hair flowing freely with the wind and she looked really beautiful. Both of them looked really compatible while standing beside each other, while I thought about the sight when Xavier and I were standing beside each other. Sigh, reality is harsh. 

My heart clenched slightly at the sight of looking at him with another woman. Worse of all, he looked really happy and cheerful in the picture, because from the way that he was looking at the woman, he looked like he was so in love with her. I guess they were probably in a relationship and maybe even till now. But probably they couldn't be together because of this marriage we have now, at the thought of it made me want to cry. The courage I had since last night suddenly had all disappeared. Well, at least I haven't confess yet so I don't have to feel so embarrassed. 

All of a sudden, a voice was heard from the door, "What are you doing in my room?" Shit, shit, shit. I fumbled with the clothes in my hands then quickly stuffed the picture back onto the bookshelf and turned back, "Oh sorry, I wanted to collect your clothes because I was going to do the laundry." With that, I grabbed the pile of clothes and dashed out of his room like a thunderbolt. Phew, I almost got caught. 

I brushed away all my thoughts about the picture and went back to do my work before heading down to the living room for breakfast. Right, just in case that you guys are wondering why he doesn't have any servants in his house was because he didn't like to have some random stranger at his home so that was why he didn't hire any. But now it just seems like I was the free servant at his house doing all the chores because we were 'married'. 

While we were having breakfast, he suddenly broke the silence by saying, "Are you free tonight? Because I want to take you out for dinner since you couldn't make it that night." my eyes shot up, is this a date? I hesitated for while before nodding, meaning a yes. We then looked at each other for a while before breaking into a smile. Fuck, this made some butterflies in my stomach. Gosh, the things he do to me. He then gave me a ride to the cafe before driving to work. 

My phone vibrated slightly after he left, then I saw that he sent me message saying that he will pick me up at home around 6.45pm this evening for the dinner. I smiled after reading his message before I realised that he didn't mention what I should wear for the dinner. Oh gosh, I don't have any appropriate attire for formal dinner like this. All I have in my closet were jeans, t shirts and maybe a few pair of shorts. No dresses, no skirts, nothing fancy. 

Xavier's POV

I was smiling from ear to ear when I arrived to work this morning but I couldn't control myself. She finally agreed to have dinner with me and this will actually be our first date after our marriage. I felt bad because we didn't even get to go on a honeymoon since we married hastily, but now I want to make it up to her. 

Tonight shall be the day when I confess my feelings to her, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I want to let her know about my feelings towards her even though I'm not sure if she will feel the same way as me. Ever since she came into my life, I had felt as if my life had become brighter and more cheerful, something which I have never felt before that and I was sure that she was the cause of it. I then snapped out of my thoughts because I realised I had yet to inform her what to wear for the dinner. 

Then my assistant, Kelly, came knocking on the door. She left several documents on the desk for me to sign so before she could leave the room, I asked, "Kelly, do you know which shop sells beautiful dresses which are suitable for dinners?" she looked at me with a raised eyebrow, she had worked with me ever since the company was established but I have never asked her something like this. She then nodded her head at me before asking, "Do you need me to do something for you, sir?"

I scratched my head nervously, "Uh yes, actually would you like to choose a piece of dress for her and send it to my home? I need it before 6pm." I showed her a picture of Hailey which was taken on the day of our wedding. I realised we didn't have any pictures taken ever since then and I was determined to take more pictures after tonight's dinner. Kelly took a closer look at the picture before nodding her head, "Understood, sir. I will do it now." with that, she left the room. 

I clasped my hands together, trying to calm my wildly beating heart down. I cannot believe that I was actually nervous besides the time when I first started up the company. Gosh, the things she's doing to me right now. 

End of chapter 17!!! excited for their first date? I'm so happy to see that this book is reaching 100 read soon!! thank you for your support!!