Chapter 28

Hailey's POV

"You should have told me that you afraid of heights when I asked you to ride the roller coaster with me. Gosh Xavier, I feel bad now." I chided him while patting his back gently. His face looked rather pale after the ride and he almost vomited out his breakfast. But who knew that the cold and stern faced billionaire would be scared of heights. 

"Come on, let's go to a nearby beach and take a rest." I pointed to a bench that was a few steps away from us and guided him there. He closed his eyes right after he sat down before he muttered, "This is so embarrassing, gosh. Now I feel like some little kid, geez." I chuckled, I really like this side of him when he's all embarrassed and annoyed. 

He turned to me and was about to stand up before I stopped him, "Where are you going? You still don't look good yet." He just rolled his eyes and replied, "I feel great now so we can go get another ride as long as it's not that crazy roller coaster. Perhaps we can take a slow ride like the merry go round or something, we aren't gonna call it a day with just one ride right?" I hesitated for a moment before he just pulled me up and dragged me towards the entrance of the ride. 

We each picked a horse to ride on and it was indeed a slow ride. I glanced over to Xavier to make sure that he was feeling all right, only to find him staring at me. I was sure that his eyes were filled with love in that stare because I could feel it. I began, "Thank you Xavier, for coming into my life and making everything so special for me. I love you, more than you can ever think of." 

He was speechless for a second before he suddenly stood up and kissed me passionately. I could hear whispers and cheering everywhere before I pushed him away gently and whispered, "We're in the public, at least not do it here gosh." I was blushing like mad and I could literally see him smirking from my view. He leaned down to ears and whispered, "So you mean we could do more at home? I don't mind either." 

"Wow, I didn't know that you were so shameless and all that. That's why people always said to never judge a book by its cover and I finally understood the meaning today." He leaned down to peck me on the lips once again before I could even realise. I hurriedly dragged him off the ride the moment it came to a stop. I definitely do not wish to be on the headlines while looking like that. 

We were now driving home while we teased each other with jokes. All of a sudden, a bright light flashed through the window and I could see from the peripheral of my view that a lorry was heading straight towards our car. I shouted out loud, "Watch out, Xavier!!" He tried to swerve away from the lorry but we ended crashing into a tree, and the lorry still crashed into the car nevertheless. I could feel my head hitting onto the window and black spots started dancing in my eyes. 

I pried open my eyes, looked around only to see that Xavier only had a scratch on his forehead because the lorry had crashed into my side instead of his so I had probably taken more impact from it. I could feel a warm trail of blood flowing down from my head to my cheeks, before my eyelids felt so heavy and darkness took over, knowing the fact that Xavier was all right. 

Xavier's POV

I groaned as I tried to lift my left hand, a lorry just popped out of nowhere and crashed into ours. I looked to my right side and found Hailey passed out. Shit, her head is bleeding. I pulled the seatbelt out of the way before I fished out my phone to dial for an ambulance. The paramedic assured me that they will get here as soon as possible before I tossed my phone aside. 

I took her hand over mine slowly, "Please Hailey, please be okay." Within a few minutes, I could hear sirens filling the air. Paramedics were trying to get us out of the car while some went to help the driver of the lorry. They placed Hailey on a stretcher and wheeled her onto the ambulance. One of the paramedic tried to stop me from following because they wanted to check up on me but I shoved them away angrily, "Look, I'm fine here and I just need to make sure that my wife is fine so just let me be with her." They looked shocked from my outburst but I couldn't give another shit. 

We arrived to the hospital within 10 minutes and a doctor checked up on Hailey before informing me about her condition, "Mr Anderson, right now Mrs Anderson had lost a large amount of blood and her head had taken a large impact from the accident so there's a big blood clot in her brain right now. We have to conduct a surgery now such that the risk of her falling into a coma will be lower." As he finished his sentence, I could feel my heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach. 

For someone who had always been powerful with his orders and commands, I felt really useless because there's nothing I can do right now besides begging the doctor to save her life. "Please, please save my wife. Nothing can happen to her, please do your best." The doctor could only nod his head before handing me a consent form for the surgery. I hurriedly signed on it and Hailey was wheeled away into an operating theatre. 

Please be all right. 

End of chapter 28!!! sorry I had to do this car crash here ahhhhhh!!! don't throw eggs at me please