Chapter 11

Haechan could tell that Jeno knew something was up as he stopped eating, glancing at Haechan

Haechan could tell that Jeno knew something was up as he stopped eating, glancing at Haechan. "Is something wrong?"

The two males were eating a nearby restaurant, both too hungry to wait until they got home to eat.

Might as well make good use of this time.

"So." Haechan said, pretending that the thought was something casual that just came onto his mind. "I'm so upset that Yeona didn't want to eat with me. Like look at this food, it's delicious and she still went home."

"She's just kind of like that." Jeno said and Haechan hid his smile.

Yes! It's working.

"What do you mean?" Haechan asked, trying not to show how curious he actually was.

Jeno shrugged his shoulders. "She just likes to pretend that she's okay when on the inside, she's really not."

"You seem to know a lot about her." Haechan pointed out, taking a bite of his food.

"That's what comes with being friends with her." Jeno said before sighing. "At least we used to be."

"Used to?" Haechan asked. Jeno nodded.

"We were really close back in high school, before she was popular on social media. We used to spend a lot of time together. I went over at least twice a week with tteokbokki so she wouldn't eat alone." Jeno said.

Haechan couldn't help but stare at the male in front of him. "Did you two date or something?"

Jeno's eyes became big, instantly putting his hands in front of him defensively. "No, no. Nothing like that. Just.... friends."

Haechan raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. "Doesn't really sound like 'just friends' to me."

"Yah, why are you asking so many questions? Just eat." Jeno said, motioning to the food.

Haechan honestly had growing list of questions to ask but seeing how worked up Jeno was, he decided to switch the topic and leave it for another day.

"So how are your classes?"