Chapter 13

Yeona was surprised when she got home and saw both her parents there, sitting at the dinning table

Yeona was surprised when she got home and saw both her parents there, sitting at the dinning table. Even weirder, the table was set and full of dishes, the maid that rarely came scrambling about.

"Honey, come here." Her mother said, a big smile on her face as she opened up her arms. Yeona glanced at her father who gave her a nod.

"You're home." Yeona said bluntly as she let her mother hug her. "You're both home. For dinner."

That can only mean one thing.

"Yes, well we'll be out of Neo City for a while." Yeona's mother said, pulling her daugther to the table. "So we wanted to have a meal together before we go."

Of course they did.

"How thoughtful." Yeona muttered as she got settled.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, it was much nicer than whatever leftover food she normally had so she didn't mind. What she did mind was the conversation she was about to have with her parents.

"So how's college?" Her father asked as they began to eat. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well." Yeona told him. Not like he actually cares.

"And your partnership with Etude, how is that?" Yeona's mother asked.

"That's going well. They paid me yesterday." Yeona said, her mother nodding in approval.

She actually cares about that one.

"That's good. It's good for you to get you're name out there." Her mother said, giving her a small smile.

"Of course."

"Are you still talking to... what's his name? He had the glasses." Yeona's father asked.

"Jeno." Yeona said dully, and watched as her mother gave her father a look. A we don't talk about him look. "He's doing well. Lost the glasses."

"I see." Her father said, turning back to his food. It was clear that the not so secretive signal her mother gave was enough for him.

"Anyways, I heard that you have a good partner for your project. The workers at the company have brought up your name a few times, you're quite popular with their kids." Her mother said, changing the topic.

"Haechan?" Yeona asked, finding it hard to believe that her parents heard about him.

He doesn't even have social media.

"I thought his name was Donghyuck." Her father said, only making Yeona more confused.

"It was Donghyuck." Her mother said, sternly. "Until he changed it to Haechan."

Huh?

Yeona wanted to ask her parents what they knew about Haechan but as they started talking about their company, she knew she had lost her chance.