Chapter 38

...

Yeona checked her ruined makeup in the mirror of Haechan's car, pretty embarassed.

Haechan had picked her up from the park near her house, immediately embracing her and saying that everything would be alright now that he was here. Yeona didn't disagree but at the same time, she just wanted to be as far away from her parents as possible.

"You look great." Haechan said, reaching for her hand and giving it a squeeze.

"You're lying." Yeona said, dabbing her tear stained cheeks.

"Well your eyes might be a little puffy but my statement still stands." Haechan said, tugging her gently so that she had to turn her head towards him. "Plus, my comfy bed is waiting for us and I don't think my roommates care."

"Alright." Yeona said, taking a deep breath. She reached for her bag but Haechan beat her to it, pulling it towards him.

"I got it. All you need to do is take care of yourself." Yeona nodded and exited the car.

...

...

"You comfortable?" Haechan asked as Yeona adjusted the covers on Haechan's bed.

Surprisingly, the boys were smarter than she thought, avoiding them like the plague. It was a little weird but Yeona appreciated the effort.

Yeona nodded her head, snuggling into Haechan's body once he was lying next to her. He instinctively placed a kiss on her forehead before another one on her lips.

"Do you want to talk about?" Haechan asked as he rested his hands on her back, the girl lying on top of him, staring into his curious eyes. Yeona sighed, knowing that it would be better to tell him than keep the truth.

"My mother." Yeona started. "Is a terrible person."

Instead of denying it, Haechan tilted his head. "What makes you think that?"

"She knows your parents, Haechan." Yeona said quietly. "She was the one who suggested hiding you away from the public."

Haechan didn't say anything, his body frozen in place. Yeona buried her head into his body as she felt the tears appearing again, wondering if she bad made a terrible mistake.