Chapter 41

...

"Yeona, your mother was very worried about you last night." Yeona's father started.

She was settled at the dinning table beside Haechan, her father in front of them as he sipped his coffee. Allure's magazine lied in the middle of the table, right beside the floral centrepiece.

"I'm sure she was." Yeona said sarcastically and immediately flinched as she felt Haechan squeeze her thigh.

Okay, fine. I'll stop.

"She was." Her father continued with a deep sigh. "You know, she called the police but you're a grown up now so they told her to wait a few hours before calling back."

"Why are you telling me this?" Yeona asked, her words coming out harsher than intended. "I didn't come back for you to lecture me. If this is what's going to happen, I'm just going to grab whatever I need and leave."

"Yeona." Haechan said softly and that's when she noticed that her mother had left her room, now properly dressed and wearing make up.

The woman sat down beside her father, and Yeona was beginning to have a bad feeling about all this.

"Your mother is human too, I make mistakes." Yeona's mother said, grabbing the magazine from the centre of the table. "I soon realized that after you left last night."

Yeona awkwardly sat there as her mother flipped to a page that was an image of her and Haechan, their faces inches apart as they smiled at one another. She slid it into the middle of the table for everyone to see.

"I know you're happy, Yeona. You look very happy and in your element in this shoot, something I haven't seen since you were a kid. If this-"

Yeona's mom motioned to her and Haechan. "Is the reason for it, I'll allow it."

Yeona noticed her father give her mother a light nudge, and tried not to giggle as her mother perked up, remembering something.

Haechan sat up as the eyes went to him, a small smile on the woman's face.

"And dear Dong- I mean Haechan. I'm sure Yeona has already filled you in so I wanted to deeply apologize for suggesting such a terrible idea to your parents. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have said what I said."

"It's fine, eomma-nim." Haechan said, waving his hand. "I called my mother earlier. We're actually having dinner together with Yeona tonight."

"We know." Yeona's father said, a small smile on his face. "Your mother called and told us."

"Oh." Haechan said as he sunk into his chair, a light blush tinting his cheeks. Yeona couldn't help but reach over, giving her boyfriend's hand a quick squeeze.

"Yeona, do you forgive me?" Her mother asked, hands clasped together as she stared at her daughter with innocent eyes.

Yeona knew that her mother was far from that but at the end of the day, as long as she accepted her relationship with Haechan and cared less about status, Yeona could live with it.