Chapter 43

Yeona watched as Haechan sniffled, clearly still emotional from seeing his parents again. On the other hand, Haechan's parents were busy ordering for the four of them, talking to the waiter before she left them alone in their private room where they were already settled.

"So," Haechan's father said, breaking the silence. "Son, introduce us to this lovely young lady here."

"Oh, appa, eomma, this is my girlfriend, Hwang Yeona." Haechan said, his face brightening as he placed his arm around Yeona's shoulders. "Isn't she gorgeous?"

"Haechan." Yeona hissed, making the members of the table giggle.

"She is, and comes from a great family too." Haechan's mother said, smiling at Yeona as Haechan's father nodded in agreement.

"Thank you." Yeona said, politely bowing her head to the adults.

"You go by Haechan now?" Haechan's father asked, clearly unaware of his son's name change. Haechan nodded.

"I think it's fitting." Haechan's mother said, turning to stare at her son. "You seem a lot brighter than you were when you were living at home."

Yeona watched as Haechan bit his lip, clearly a tough pill to swallow for the whole family. A smile soon appeared though as he lifted the wine bottlr, standing up.

"It's in the past now, eomma. Let's just enjoy tonight and look forward to our future, as a family."

...

...