Chapter 21

...

Yeona could feel her mouth water as she stared at the food in front of her, holding her fork in her mouth. She watched Haechan smile at his phone before putting it down.

"What are you waiting for?" Haechan asked as he picked his fork up as well. "Go ahead."

Yeona was about to eat a mouthful of food when she realized something. "Did you take a picture of me?"

"Maybe." Haechan said, smiling in satisfaction. "But it's for you."

"For me?" Yeona asked, confused. Haechan nodded.

"You can post it if you like it, just like last time. If not, it'll serve as a memory of today."

"Weird." Yeona mumbled as she began to eat, the food tasting just as good as the other time. "Hates social media but takes so many photos."

"Hey, photos are different." Haechan argued. "It's not the photos that are the problem with social media. It's the fact that you only select the ones that match your image to post."

"Why do you sound like someone lied to you through social media?" Yeona said without even thinking.

She looked at up as she noticed Haechan had froze, his fork halfway to his mouth and face serious.

Did I say something wrong?

Haechan dropped his fork, the metal clanging against the dish. He ignored it, sticking his hand out.

"Give me your phone."

"What, why? Use your own." Yeona said but Haechan shook his head.

"I need your social media app which I don't have." Haechan told her. "I promise I won't search anything weird."

"You better not." Yeona said, deciding to give Haechan her phone.

She watched as Haechan began typing away, scrolling for a while before passing it back to her.

"Look."

Yeona had to admit, she was confused

Yeona had to admit, she was confused. "You took my phone to find a three year old post of the family of the CEO of this big company?"

"Look carefully." Haechan said.

Yeona sighed, looking up at the male. "I am, I swear-"

That's when it hit her.

The couple in the photo looked about the same age as her own parents and the ressemblance between the two of them and Haechan made it so obvious.

"They're your parents." Yeona said softly. Haechan nodded his head. "But why aren't you in it?"

"Because they didn't want people to know they had a son." Haechan told her. "They wanted to prove that they were dedicated to the company. My room always looked like a guest room so I couldn't own too much. I mean I didn't mind until they started kicking me out of the house because they were having guests over."

"That's terrible." Yeona said, placing her phone down. "Who even does that?"

"Apparently my parents." Haechan sighed, beginning to eat again. "But I mean I can't complain too much. Never had a shortage of money and found some pretty good restaurants. I'm glad I moved out though, at least I an have my own belongings."

Yeona nodded her head, not really knowing what to say. At this point, she didn't really blame Haechan for hating social media, she would have felt the exact same way if her parents used it to hide their child's existence.

"Anyways, that's why I didn't answer my mother's call." Haechan continued. "I don't know what it is but she must have missed me or something after I moved out because now she wants to be my mother. Don't know about my father though."

"Hey." Yeona said, interrupting Haechan's words. "If it makes you feel better, you're not the only with parents that don't really care."

"I know." Haechan said a smile creeping up on his face. "That's why I'm telling you all this. You think I would ruin my image of being a happy virus by telling everyone else?"

Yeona chuckled but her happiness didn't last long as she let out a deep sigh. "It's hard, isn't it. Pretending to be someone you're not."

Haechan nodded his head in agreement, a sigh leaving his lips too. "It is."

Yeona gulped as she watched Haechan look up, staring right into her eyes from across the table.

"But at least I'm not the only one feeling this way."

...

———————————————————————————

Now we got haechan's back storyyyy