Any gentleman

The ride to Gretna green is further than expected, and it is not grand whatsoever. With Colin complaining of his hunger, and Penelope only staring at Colin with longing that I do not think she even attempts to hide, I do almost wish that we had travelled alone, or even separately. I think that Benedict wishes the same, but I do not think he wishes to be alone for the same reasons as I do.

It is only another hour or so. We are all tired but that does not matter to me. "I do wonder what Lady whistledown shall write of the two of you."

"I hardly believed she had written of us the first time. We are not so important, after all. No one had ever  twice looked at us before. Although... I believe I do prefer it that way since when she has written of us, she writes such... well." I am careful not to look at Penelope too much. I do not want to unmask Pen, and certainly not before she sorts things out. So, I engage in gentle conversation. I smile to Colin, enjoying the comfort of my soon to be husbands arm around my shoulders. "Perhaps she shall like us more when we begin our married life."

"From what I hear, you begun married life weeks ago." Collin mocks, a wide grin on his face, as he looks to Penelope and back to Benedict. "I forget we have actual ladies present. Peaches is no more than a harlot now, I do suppose."

Knowing that he is only joking, and that his brother should never truly intend to offend him, or myself, benedict laughs, shaking his head. "You do not know what you talk of. The lady has virtue and I have respected that as any gentleman should."

"You forget we have even in this carriage with you!" Colin practically shrieks with laughter, looking back and forth from the pair of us and Penelope. "I have experienced enough to say I believe that is very much not true."

"You are lucky you have not experienced more. My lord looks as though he may waste away if he does not get some attention rather soon." I grin and kiss his cheek gently, removing my hand from his thigh as I worry he could become too excited by that. "Is that not right?"

"Experienced more? And what does that mean?" Penelope stares at me, and then from the two brothers. "Will someone please explain?" She seems to be a little paranoid that we are all talking of something she does not know of, and I am unsure if this is as she thinks she is left out or as she thinks we are conspiring against her. I am also unsure as to whether this reaction is genuine, or whether it is an act. After all, as lady whistledown, she must have more of an understanding than she is allowing us to know. "Peaches?"

"Yes, Peaches, why don't you tell her?" Benedict, by the side of me, teases, prodding at the top of my arm.

"I do believe you are the oldest here, however. Perhaps you shall be the one to talk to Penelope of it, after all, you should have the most experience." I raise an eyebrow, returning the prodding sentiment as I poke his chest. "Or perhaps Colin should like to take the floor?"

"Colin certainly should not like to." Colin chuckles, shaking his head and looks to Pen. In that moment, he recognises that she is beginning to become stressed that she is not in the know, and so sighs, reluctantly beginning to speak. "Have you ever been to a farm, Pen?"

"A farm!" Benedict snorts as he laughs, finding this so hilariously funny that he cannot bare not to laugh. "Oh, Colin. They are ladies and daughters of noblemen. They have not been to farms. Have you ever been to a farm, for that matter?"

"As a matter of fact, I have. I have been to a farm." Colin scowls at Benedict, who only continues to attempt to make the situation increasingly awkward for his brother. I hit his chest in order to tell him that I do not approve but he greets me with a kiss that makes me forget about any opposition I had. "Penelope. When... a man is married to a woman, they shall have marital relations. This... involves... well, it involves..."

"Tell her what it involves, Colin." Benedict just continues to grin, kissing my neck, and then moving to cheeks, before finishing on my lips once again. "It involves kissing, most of the time."

"Yes. It is like... as though... it is... well, shall we say... it is a rather extreme form of kissing!" Colin sighs a breath of relief, as though he could ever think that Benedict should let him use that as enough so that he might not have to go any further.

"Yet benedict just responded that it does not always involve kissing, since he said most of the time!" Penelope has begun to laugh, as she has realised that the aim is only to make Collin uncomfortable and not to mock her. "Oh, Peaches. Will you just tell me, put dear old Colin out of his misery?"

"Yes, Peaches. You should be best to enlighten us."

"Quiet, Benedict. I have said once that you have most experience and so you should but... I shall. Penelope, I love Benedict. And when I realised that, it became apparent to me that I should like to engage in more physical activities. That began with kissing, and it quickly becomes more. The mechanics of it are not something you need to know until you find the one you wish to engage in it with. But I shall say that, well, I have been ever so lucky to find someone as kind hearted and as gentle as this fool to explain it to me, and I am sure that you shall do the same. Until then, you need only know that you should wait until you find someone you truly like and are comfortable with, and I shall be here to answer whatever you need from me, when you need it." I raise an eyebrow and she accepts this as a response, even though I do not believe I have told her what she truly desires to have known, if it is not so that she does in fact already know! I do not think she has only the knowledge of the young, innocent lady she claims to be.

"You love me?" Benedict smiles down at me, his hand stroking across the bare skin on my neck. I laugh a little and roll my eyes at him. "Good. Because we have arrived and now you must declare it."