At last

"Oh. This is it." I nod slowly as I lower myself from the carriage, grasping onto his hand to steady myself to prevent from falling face first into the mud. "I am so glad that I am not wearing something so purple and hideous."

"We could have visited madame delacroix before we set off for gretna green." Collin suggests.

"The entire point of marrying at Gretna green is that it is quick, brother. It would not have been so quick if we had needed to wait a week for a dress to be crafted." Benedict keeps a nice grip on my hand so that I may not fall, before he also assists Pen. He is so lovely.

"You are sure this is where you shall marry? You could have a full and good and beautiful wedding rather than in rainy Scotland, dear brother. Would your bride not prefer such an arrangement?"

"His bride wishes only to marry him as quickly as she may... and you also seem to forget, Colin, that lady whistledown has not left us with much of a choice" I hesitate slightly as I look around, only due to the weather. It is raining, not enough to require any kind of cover, but enough so that my hair is becoming flatter with every minute that passes by. Despite this, it is a rather beautiful place. There are large white cliffs as far as the eye can see, and I enjoy the sound of the waves crashing against the beach and that distinct smell that accompanies it. "It is perfect."

"Perfect? My dear lady, are you unwell? You do recall that one of the very first things that you taught me was that nothing is indeed perfect. That perfect simply cannot be achieved. Was that you, or am I perhaps confusing you with the riveting conversations I have had with prudence?" Benedict smiles at me, his hand gentle as it holds mine, and his lips soft as he kisses the crown of my head. "But you are correct. It is perfect, just as you are."

"You no longer need compliment me, you smitten fool." I cannot help but grin, penelope watching. I smile at her and she returns the sentiment, I think she is merely happy that I have allowed her to join us, even despite what she has one. Colin rushes away without another word. "And where has he run off to? I am sure he has abandoned us!"

"Always been my third favourite brother. Rotten, he is." He takes a look around for himself, smiling a little as he notices the sun setting behind us. "Is that not so perfect? Sunsets are your very favourite thing to paint, Peaches, and there shall be one right behind us."

"It is such a lovely touch. Perhaps it is a sign that god himself does wish for you to marry me and quickly. Anthony cannot possibly argue with such logic." I giggle a little but shiver, it seems to be becoming colder as it gets darker and further into the evening.

"Speaking of brothers... there Colin is, with a man to marry us. Perhaps he becomes second favourite behind Gregory. Dear Colin, you have done something with success! Thank you. And what shall we pay the man?"

"I have taken care of it. I was able to swipe Anthony's jacket before myself and Pen left." Colin gives a sly smile, and the man who shall marry us steps forward.

"You two?" He looks from me to Benedict and we both nod. "Are you ready, you wish to have the ceremony here?"

"I do not see why not. It is a rather beautiful view. Although..." I take a moment to admire the view, before reaching back and pulling the pins from my hair so that it drapes down my shoulders, adjusting my dress and encouraging him to stand in front of me so I may straighten his suit jacket, turning back to the man's attention. "I do believe we are ready now."

"Now, do wait a moment!" Penelope holds a finger to indicate for us to pause, rushing away and returning with a bunch of roughly picked flowers, pushing them to my hands. I thank her, and she nods, stepping back to with Colin.

"Good." It is clear that the man that Colin has collected from god knows where has done this many times before, which makes me feel I am in safe hands. "We are gathered here today to witness the union of this man, and this woman. I have been well advised by this young man-" He indicates to Colin "-that this has been on the cards for a fair while. He has informed me that you are both artists, and I am sure that you shall continue to create wonderful art far into your union. Now, do you, Benedict, take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife? To have, and to hold, and to love until death do you part?"

"Of course, I do." He reaches into his pocket, revealing my engagement ring, the one he should have proposed with, taking my hand and pushing it gently onto my finger, sealing it with a kiss.

"Oh, I do not have a ring for you." I whisper as I look down at the beauty of the engagement ring sat on my finger, before I am distracted by the lack of jewellery that I have in return. Colin removes a ring from his own finger, only something that he wears for fashion, and places it into my hands. "Oh, thank you kindly, Colin. I assure you, you shall get it back once we have more official rings."

"And do you, Peaches, take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? To have, and to hold, until death shall do you part?"

"I do. Moreso than anything in my life, I do." I take his hand, running a gentle thumb across his skin, before moving the ring to his finger. It is a little wide, Colin's fingers must be slightly less slender, but it is adequate.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."