Predicament

We approach the Fat Lady's portrait, and just look at each other, "Any of you know the password?" I ask, bewildered. All three shook their heads, "Brilliant."

Just then, the portrait swings open, only for Neville Longbottom to run out, almost crashing into me. "S-Sorry! Very sorry (Y/n), excuse me." He exclaims, rushing past, "Woah woah hold on there Neville. Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Ron asks, chuckling.

"I'm heading to the Herbology greenhouses. You know me, always loved Herbology, want to get a head start!" Neville enthused, a huge grin on his face, "I admire your eagerness." Hermione uttered amusingly.

"Well, I'll be off then." Neville waves goodbye. Harry nods but then realizes he could know the password, "Oh, wait Neville!" Neville stops in his tracks and turns to Harry, looking almost frustrated, "What is it Harry?"

"Do you know the password for the common room?" He asks, gingerly. Neville's expression softens, "Oh. Yeah, course. It's-" He pauses, "Well I-I did know it...just a moment ago." He scratches his head, trying to think. "Of course he forgot." Ron whispers to Harry, "He'd forget is head if it wasn't attached to him." Harry (and I) tried to supress a snicker, but failed as he saw Hermione glare at them. "Honestly Ronald. Just give him a minute."

"Oh!" Neville said finally, reaching into the pocket of his school robes, "I wrote it down. Here it's- uh..." He looks at the paper, turning it every which way. "Don't tell me you can't read your own handwriting?" Ron asks, exasperated. Now it was me who glared at Ron, walking up to him and elbowing his shoulder.

"Sorry I...I must have wrote it in my rush to the greenhouses." Neville shyly explained, "But I believe it says...Minbus Memdlefona? Or maybe, Minedus Mumbledona? Um..." Neville started to turn a slight pink. "Oh give me that!" I say as I rip the paper out of the fumbling boys hands. I squint at the paper, and turn towards the Fat Lady.

"Password?" She utters. "Ok...Mimbulus Mimbletonia?" I pray I had it right, and as the Fat Lady nods, I know I had. The portrait opens and I look back at my fellow Gryffindors, an accomplished, smug smirk growing on my face. "Nice one (Y/n)." Ron says, entering the common room. The others follow, Harry first, "Nicely done." Then Hermione, "Wonderful job (Y/n)."

I go to hand Neville back his paper. He looks sheepish. "Here Neville. Thanks. Guess you can head to Herbology now." He took the paper and ran off, not saying a word, not looking at anyone.

I enter the common room and promptly head up to the dormitory with Hermione to put our things away. As I lay my suitcase beneath my bed, Hermione comes over and sits down on it. "So." She starts. I sit next to her, "Are you going to head to the potions class room to see if Professor Snape is there? I'm sure he missed you over the summer." She giggled. "Yuk don't say it like that. Now that really makes it sound like we're...like that." I laugh. "Well go on then." Hermione shoos me off the bed. "Alright yeah. I do want to see him." We smile at each other as I go downstairs, and straight out the common room.

A/N: Hey anyone who might b reading this. I know these might b kinda short and sloooooow but I think the slow start will b worth it in the long run. I don't really like just throwing you into it. I want it to develop. So this whole book might turn out to b pretty looooooooooong but that's just how I like it. If u don't then don't read. Thank u :P

(Next chapter will deff feature Snape so B READY! ;)