Hello Professor

I make my way down to the dungeons, perhaps a little too happily, and as I turn a corner, I bump- no, more like crash into a platinum blond, arrogant, arsehole Slytherin boy. We both fall backwards onto the ground.

"Ouch! Oh...sorry Malfoy." I say, with a hint of sarcasm. Malfoy ever so quietly winces in pain, and I just cover a smile, hoping he doesn't suspect I heard him. He then regains his composer, and his expression turns sour, "Watch where you're going! You filthy little Mudblood!" I roll my eyes as he hurriedly gets to his feet, and a small "ack!" slips off his tongue as he walks away. I get up and continue to potions.

As I reach the classroom, I notice the door is slightly ajar. I push it open a bit, the old and rusted hinges making themselves known. I see Professor Snape going through a cupboard, organizing potions and ingredients, while also keeping some parchment on his desk next to him, probably making a list of what he does and doesn't have. He hadn't seemed to notice me yet, or rather, he definitely heard the door creak, but not knowing it was me, simply didn't care.

I knocked on the open door very gingerly, and before I could say a word, he speaks up, not turning around, and says, in his usual, monochrome tone, "I'm rather...busy. What do you want?" I can't help but smile. I missed hearing his voice. Well, I missed him. We couldn't even talk all summer because teachers aren't permitted to send owls to students unless it's important, and vice versa.

"Hello Professor." I say earnestly. Professor Snape had been studying a vile in his hand when he heard my voice and nearly dropped it. He promptly places it on his desk and turns to look at me, a sigh passing his lips.

"I'm sorry Professor. I didn't mean to startle you." I say, smirking. Snape swallows and looks at his desk. Wait, is he...did I actually embarrass him? "Miss (Y/l/n)." His voice became less darkened, but still, you know, Snape, "You've grown since last year. You're looking well." Now is was my turn to be embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks flush faintly.

Snape pulls a chair up to the front of his desk, and gestures for me to sit as he does his own. "So Professor, how was your summer?" I say curiously. Snape rolls his eyes, "Miss (Y/l/n), you know I can't tell you that." I look at him cheekily, "And you know you're welcome to call me (Y/n), right?" He raises an eyebrow. "Ah come on, I'm not asking what you did, I'm just asking how it was. Just say if it was good or bad."

"It was....okay." he replied, the tiniest of smiles appearing on his face for a fraction of a second. I pout, "Ok now you're just teasing."

Snape's face soon changed into an inquisitive look, "I wonder, Miss (Y/l/n), do you think...that...um...w-we've been talking like this for years and I just didn't know if...you thought...that...I..." He quickly got flustered. Seems as though he'd just realized he's really not that great in social interactions. "Professor Snape," I say assertively, "are you trying to ask me if we're friends?"

He nods concedingly. "Of course we are Professor." I say softly, feeling kind of bad he had to ask. He then leans forward at his desk, looking me in the eyes, and asks me something I'm not sure I know how to answer....

"Why?"

A/N: Who doesnt love a good cliffhanger? hehehe ;P