Neville's Secret

A/N: AAAHCK Im sry these r so short rn. im having trouble figuring out where I want this story to go. I'll get there tho. Promise. For now, enjoy this moment! <3

We all look at each other for a moment, then Neville takes off. "Neville! Neville wait!" I yell and run after him.

We run to the end of the dungeon corridor, now void of students, Neville stops against the wall, resting his head on his arm and crying. "Neville, please I-" I go to place a hand on his shoulder, but he pushes me away. "Neville..." I say, more to myself.

Through sobs, he manages to get out a few words, "Y-You're with Snape...of all the p-people in this school..." I interrupt, "Y-Yes. Yes I am with Snape. But please you cannot tell anyone." Neville remains quiet, except for more tears, "Neville, I know this seems very wrong bu-" He turns around, angered, "Wrong?! Do you even know anything about him?!" I try to speak but nothing comes out. Neville takes a deep breath, and wipes his face, "I just don't want to see you get hurt."

I breathe in deep too, "Why do you care so much? I mean I know you're a genuinely caring person, but you seem distraught." Neville looks nervous, "I-I um..." I put my hand on his shoulder, "What is it?" He starts tearing up again, and turns around, "I've had feelings for you since 3rd year, (Y/n)."

I go wide eyed, "Oh, Neville." I say softly, "I...am so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I had no idea you felt that way." I lean in and give a hug. "I-I just don't understand how you could like him." Neville wonders. I release him, "You don't need to understand. All you need to know is, he and I...understand each other. More than anybody else could. He's not as cold-hearted as he wants everyone to think."

"You can't tell anyone. Please Neville, promise me you won't say anything." I look on, begging. "I-I-I...I promise. I won't tell anyone." He smiles softly. "Thank you Neville!" I say, wrapping my arms around him again, "If it's any consolation, I did have a crush on you back in 2nd year." I giggle.

"I need to go back and grab my things. Thanks again Neville. I'll be seeing you." I wave, "Uh w-wait! (Y/n)..." I stop, "Hm? Yes Neville?" He looks down, "I....I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. If he hurts you..." I bring his head up, "He won't. He's good to me. He'd never do anything to hurt me."

Neville looks worried, "Do you know who he is?" I feel startled, "I know who he isn't." He starts again, "Do you know who he is...when you're not around?"