The Boggart

WARNING

CONTAINS A SUBJECT THAT MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS

PLEASE CONTINUE WITH CAUTION

A/N: HELLOO!! A promise is a promise! This is quite a bit longer than usual. Hope u like it, but also, IM SRY FOR THIS. Ngl, i legit almost cried writing this. DONT HATE ME I DID WARN U And remember, this is nearly COMPLETELY ignoring canon XD :P

For a moment, Severus gives a look of disbelief. I remain inches from his face, staring longingly, tracing my finger over every detail. "(Y/n), I don't understand." He says, baffled. I still my hand, and shift to an anxious expression. Severus continues, "How could someone like you, like someone like me?"

I sit back and giggle, "I could ask you the same thing Severus." He smiles adoringly at me, "You should probably get to your dormitory." He says hesitantly. "Yes, I suppose I should." I sighed. We both stand up. I gather my things and approach the doorway, when Severus grabs my arm, and pulls me to him.

He grasps my chin with his thumb and index finger, and lifts my head to meet his eyes. Leaving no room for words, he kisses me dearly. As he pulls back, he says in a hushed tone, "Thank you."

I smile lovingly, "Severus...you are...not the man I expected you to be. But I gotta say, I like this version better." He swallows and I skip happily out the room.

As I reach the common room, I see Harry, Hermione and Ron sitting on the couch. They must've heard me enter because they all stopped talking and looked my way.

I hear Hermione tell the boys to head to bed, as she wants to talk to me alone. They get up and wave, "G'night (Y/n)." They say simultaneously. After they leave, Hermione motions for me to come sit.

"Where were you? With Professor Snape?" She asks slyly. "Yeah, I was. You understand you still can't tell anyone about this, right?" She nods, "What happened?" I blush a little, "Well...we shared a nice moment....a really nice moment." Hermione's eyes widen, and she looks like she's about to squeal, "Wait, did you two...? Did you kiss him?!" I nod excitedly, "Is this weird for you?" I ask, worried. "No! No I...well maybe just a little. For obvious reasons. B-But I'm happy for you, really."

We talk for almost an hour, when I yawn. "Oh, think it's time we go to bed (Y/n)." Hermione softly says. "Yeah, we better." I yawn again.

The next day, I feel incredible. I can really focus in all my classes again. I still had constant thoughts about Severus, but they didn't control me.

I got my first 'Outstanding' in Transfiguration, I did something good in Divination, according to Professor Trelawney, and I excelled in Charms! Now it was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts, taught by Professor Lupin.

I walk in the class and immediately notice all the desks are placed against the walls, and a strange looking cabinet is in the middle of the room. The cabinet suddenly shook, causing me and many other students to flinch. It sounds like something is trapped inside.

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Professor Lupin yells out. Everyone gives their attention to him, "Miss Granger, can you tell me what creature is inside there?" He points to the cabinet. "A Boggart sir." Hermione answers, a slight break in her voice. "Correct. Now, can you tell me what a Boggart looks like?" Hermione swallows, "No one knows. It takes the form of a witch or wizards worst fear." Lupin smiles, "Correct! 10 points to Gryffindor!"