Sewing The Seed

The new Professor, Umbridge, made an intriguing and elongated speech during breakfast this morning about how she's glad to have been chosen, and said she has the best intentions for this school. She ended it all with a rather questionable tee-hee.

"Well she seems...delightful." I hear Ron say sarcastically to Harry as we're all walking to our first class. I pull Hermione to the side and whisper, "Hermione...I think the incident Dumbledore was talking about was that day with the Boggart. It's my fault Lupin got sacked." She comforts me, "No (Y/n), it's not your fault. It's the Ministry's."

We go through our classes today like normal, only thinking about Professor Umbridge the whole time. Then it's time for her class, Defense Against the Dark Arts.

As we come in, "Alright, Miss Granger, Miss (Y/l/n), on the left please. Mister Weasley and Mister Potter, the right." Umbridge places the girls on the left side of the class room, and the boys on the right. Poor Neville was the odd one out and had to be put in with the girls. Well I say poor Neville, but I notice Malfoy and some other Slytherin's look his way with a hint of jealousy, followed by disgust, probably in themselves for being jealous of a Gryffindor.

The class consists of merely reading a book telling of various defensive measures, but nothing about actually using spells. After a while, Hermione raises her hand, "Professor, why is there nothing in here about using defensive spells?"

Umbridge looks at her with disbelief, "I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom."

After what feels like an eternity, the class finally ends. I head off to my last class of the day, Potions. I'll be so glad to see Severus after all this.

When I reach the dungeon corridor, I overhear Mr. Filch and Severus talking. "Argus, I don't know how these rumors get started, and frankly I don't care. They are not true." Severus states. "Are you sure, Severus? Some students sound very convinced." Filch says, smirking. "I am NOT in any kind of relationship with any of my students! And if anyone wants to think otherwise, I suggest you set them straight." Severus whisper yells. "Whatever you say." Filch walks away, laughing. I wait till he's out of sight, and go up to Severus.

"People are starting to talk huh?" I say as I emerge in front of him. "Yes. But don't worry, it's all just speculation. No one knows for certain, and I intend to keep it that way." He replies softly but angrily. "Come on (Y/n), into class now."

Meanwhile, in Umbridge's office...

"I spoke to Professor Snape, ma'am. Gave him a right good scare. Told him of the rumors." Filch speaks daringly, holding in a villainous laugh.

Umbridge sips her tea, "Good. Yes, very good. Keep an eye on him, will you?" She smiles at him, slightly fluttering her eyes. "Sure thing ma'am." He says, almost flustered.

A/N:🤢🤮I HATED writing that last bit...sry for that XD