Out of Love

Madam Pomfrey told me I needed to stay in the Hospital Wing for a few more days, just to make sure everything was alright. Severus wanted to stay with me, but I convinced him to go to his classes. He is still a teacher.

I still couldn't really move anyway. Every tiny flex of a muscle just aches. Pomfrey offered to give me something for the pain, but I said no. I said this pain is good. I want to feel every moment of it, to remind myself I'm alive and haven't forgotten anything again.

I simply lie still, close my eyes, release tension in every part of my body, focusing only on my breathing.

Then something occurred to me, "Malfoy..." I think out loud. "Mister Malfoy?" Madam Pomfrey heard me, "He actually-" "Oh that's right, he left before this happened, didn't he?" I roll my eyes. Pomfrey giggled, "He came here earlier this morning, while you were still out. He was worried about you. Said he hopes you recover." I was in disbelief. "Malfoy? Draco Malfoy? He was worried about me? Must be because I'm Professor Snape's friend."

As I say that name out loud, I get a flashback of Severus...he tortured me. I know I asked....I know I told him to...but...

"I'll leave you be dear. Get some more rest." Madam Pomfrey goes to her room next door.

As the room goes silent, I close my eyes again, and all I can think of is Severus. I remember when I first realized I had a crush on him, when he admitted to having a crush on me, when we kissed for the first time, when he comforted me after I confronted that boggart, when he told me his birthday....when we got caught...when my memory was erased..when he tortured me to get them back.

Suddenly an image of Malfoy pops into my head. It feels like a memory, but I don't know when it happened. He was here, standing next to me. He grabbed my hand, I swear I can feel the warmth of his fingers intertwined with mine. He said something, "When you wake up, you'll remember your friends, and you'll remember Snape...but I hope you never remember me. I want you to forget everything I've done to you, everything I've said to you...I don't want you to remember me as the guy who seemed to hate everything about you." I feel something drip on my hand. "I know you wouldn't want to hear this, but I need to say it, just once." It feels like my hand is being tightly squeezed. "(Y/n)....I love you."

My eyes shoot open, and I loudly gasp. I want to sit up but I still hurt. I just think, "Wait...no that didn't happen...there's no way he...he can't be in love with me...but that felt so real." Then I remember what Neville told me, "I've had feelings for you since 3rd year, (Y/n)." I feel so confused...I don't know how I feel anymore. Do I still have feelings for Snape? Have I gained feelings for Neville? Or Malfoy? MERLIN WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?! I'm so frustrated...I just try to forget it all and go to sleep.

~~~

The next few days I ask that no one come to see me, until I can finally move again. I ask Madam Pomfrey if she could get Hermione Granger here. She's the only one I can talk to right now. After about half an hour, she arrives.

"Hermione!" I yell out excitedly. "(Y/n)! I'm so happy you remember everyone." Hermione gives me a huge, warm, tight hug. "Madam Pomfrey, would you give us a moment?" I ask. "Sure thing dear, I'll be right next door if you need me." She leaves.

I look back at Hermione, frowning, nearly crying. She becomes worried. I tell her everything.

"(Y/n)...I don't think there's anything I can say to help you. Only to figure out where your heart is leading you, and follow it." Hermione gives me another hug, and a stern look, "You have to tell Professor Snape. You know that right?" I look down, "Yes, I know...I will. Soon, I promise." She glares at me, crossing her arms. "I'll go see him later, after his classes. Swear on it." She smiles sweetly, and mentions she has another class to get to. We say goodbye.

~~~

Later that day, Pomfrey tells me I'm good to leave whenever. So I tell her thanks for everything and head out toward the dungeons.

As I reach the dungeon corridor, I see the one Slytherin I don't want to see. He's talking with his buddies, Blaise and Pansy. I speed up my walking and look down, trying to hide my face and get out of there as quickly as I can, when suddenly another Slytherin grabs me. "Ooo look at what we've got here. Going to see your boyfriend again?" He laughs, causing Malfoy and the others to notice. "Let me go!" I struggle.

Pansy and Blaise start laughing too, but Malfoy walks up to the Slytherin, and pulls him off me. "Leave her be, mate." He says fiercely. "Ah come on Malfoy. I was just having a bit of fun. You do it all the time." The Slytherin mocks. "She's just a filthy mudblood." Malfoy looks me up and down, keeping an aggressive expression, "She's not worth the waste of breath."

The Slytherin hesitantly agrees and walks away. Malfoy looks at me and winks, before returning to his friends. I can only smile.

I resume my march to Potions.

I get there and carefully open the door. I see Snape writing on parchment. "Hey." He looks up at me and smiles, "(Y/n)." He gets up and walks over to me. He holds my hands, "How are you?" I look down at my hands in his, and slip them out. "I'm fine." I look away, crossing my arms. Snape gets anxious, "Is something wrong?"

"Look...Professor." He looks broken when I call him that. "I care about you, I do. I just need some time to figure things out. I don't think we should see each other...at least for now." I try to keep my gaze away from him. "Can we still be friends?" He pleads. I give in and look into his eyes, "I don't think that's best, Professor." He takes a couple steps back and turns his back towards me. I see him raise his hand to his face and brush something off. "I'm sorry."

"Please go, Miss (Y/l/n)." He doesn't look at me. He sounds more monotone then ever. "I'm really sorry." I want to cry. "Leave."

I run out with tears forming in my eyes, I run all the way to the Gryffindor common room and lay on the couch. I take deep breathes. "What am I going to do?"

The End

For now