The Light That Blinds Me

A/N: Thank you all SO MUCH for almost 1K READS and nearing 100 VOTES!! I never thought this story would go anywhere...u all hav given me so much confidence thank u!!! MUCH LOVE!!!!

All through Snape's class, I could barely keep my eyes off him. Good thing Hermione was sitting next to me, able to let me know when I was staring and took my attention away. Snape on the other hand was as professional as ever. Only ever glancing at me through his hair after he scanned the class, making it look as if he was just making sure everyone was doing what they were told.

As usual, I wait for everyone else to leave, and go chat with Severus. "Severus, when are you going to tell me something I don't know about you?" I ask eagerly. "I can't yet. But I will." He replies dully. "Come on, if you want this relationship to work, you have to tell me something. Any little thing." I look at him pleadingly, "For instance, my favorite color is (your favorite color), my favorite flower is (favorite flower), my favorite spell is (favorite spell). Now you."

Severus looks actually a bit nervous, "M-my...my favorite color, despite popular belief, isn't black, but green, and not because of my house. My favorite flower...yes I do have one, is lilies. My favorite spell...is one you shouldn't know."

I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "(Y/n), you have to understand, my secrets are meant to be kept for many reasons. Reasons that are not just mine." He tries to sound apologetic. I frown, "It doesn't help when your reasons are secrets too."

"I don't have any secrets, except you. I trust you with everything. I don't need everything from you, but I want something! Anything! Just tell me ONE thing no one knows! That's all I-" "January 9th." Severus suddenly speaks up.

I relax a bit, "W-What?" "January 9th. My birthday." I get a little confused, "Your...birth...day?" Severus shyly smiles, "That's something I never bothered to let anyone know, and now, you're the only one who does."

I'm speechless, I can't fathom this moment. I start to tear up, "So you've...you've never had a party? Or, even got wished Happy Birthday?" Severus reaches to hug me, "No, I haven't. But that's because it's never been important to me. It's ok (Y/n), really." I pull back, feeling better, "I'll change that. Next time your birthday comes around, I'll be sure to do something special for you." I grin from ear to ear thinking of that.

Severus pulls me back into his chest, "If it comes from you, I'll love it no matter what."

Little did we know, a certain mischievous caretaker was outside the room at this very moment, hearing everything we've been saying. He takes this info back to Umbridge.

Severus and I say our goodbyes and I head off toward my common room, but as I turn the corner, from the other end of the corridor I hear loud, echoing footsteps. I hide behind the corner and listen.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

"Severus, I know you're in there, open this door this instant!" Umbridge bellows. Severus slowly but surely opens the door, "I'm busy, Dolores, what do you want?" Umbridge and Filch waltz into the classroom. Filch closes the door.

I wait till I hear the door close before I look, and I quickly and quietly run up to the door to continue listening in.

"Mr. Filch has informed me that you and Miss (Y/l/n) have an inappropriate relationship. For the school's best interest, and to keep your job, I suggest you forget all about that girl." Umbridge threatens. Severus glares at Filch and grinds his teeth, "Argus..."

He looks back at Umbridge, and pulls out his wand. "Expelliarmus!" Umbridge was quicker, she used the Disarming Charm and knocked Severus' wand out of his hand.

"Alright." She says, riled up, keeping her wand pointed at Severus, "You want to do this the hard way? Well...perhaps the Memory Charm will bring you to your senses."