Chapter 25

Jo's POV:

I took off back to camp as quickly as I could.

People don't change quickly and I've learned that through experience.

I still need to do something about Tinkerbell, find John, and get rid of Pan's flute. I don't think I have the heart to kill Peter, though. I've fallen for him and I am surprised it has taken me this long to realize it.

I hate that I got used to his brooding presence.

I hate that I found him attractive.

I hate that I enjoyed our banter.

I hate that I liked his sass.

I hate that he lied to me.

I hate that he didn't like me. It was just a ruse.

He fucking killed people for christ sake.

I stopped at a large tree before the tears broke loose. I put my back against the bark and slowly slid to the ground. I buried my head in my hands and just sat there. My thoughts and emotions were running wild and I couldn't handle it. I was shaking and all the emotions I've been holding since I got to Neverland rushed out.

The anger. The sadness. The confusion.

Everything.

I can't go back home because Peter will kill everyone I love. I have to stay here with a boy who will do whatever he can to end me. I don't think he realized how effectively he broke me. Me and my fucking fragile emotions.

After a while of trying to calm myself down and eventually succeeding, I got up, dusted off my clothes, took a deep breath, and walked back into camp with my head held high.

At least I felt calm until I walked it into the camp to see Pan with the flute in his hands. The lost boys were all standing around the ever-growing bonfire in the middle.

He glanced up from his flute and gave me a look of surprise. I felt my cheeks and realized that there were still remains of tears there. He now knows I've been crying. I bent my head down and let my hair cover my face and I shuffled my way towards my tent...

A tent that wasn't there.

I looked around to see Peter smiling knowingly. He must have officially taken my tent away so I would stay with him. Maybe before today I would have secretly enjoyed this little act, but right now I am content with just sleeping in a tree.

I started wondering what tree would be the most comfortable when my mind went fuzzy. A beautiful tune started playing and I knew it was Pan's flute from the sound but I couldn't control myself. The flute does something to me and it has been a problem since the beginning.

I swayed to the tune once again and before I knew it I was dancing. For some reason my body started to dance in a ballroom fashion, without a partner. My eyes drifted closed as I went along.

One two three. One two three.

I twirled around and the next thing I knew, someone was where my invisible partner was originally. I opened my eyes to see Pan holding me close as we danced along. The flute was being played by Felix in the corner. I couldn't stop dancing, not while the music was still playing.

We continued dancing until the song finally finished and when I was finally in control of myself again, I aimed a punch at Peter's face.

He, having the quick reflexes he does, was able to grab my hand before it made it to the target.

He kept a hold of my hand and dragged me. Yes dragged me. Well, actually he was quite gentle besides keeping a strong hold of my hand. I was pulling all of my weight in the opposite direction. I was still not strong enough to pull away so he pulled me into his tent and pushed me towards the bed.

I automatically made the move to leave but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to a sitting position on the bed.

"Was I the reason you were crying?" he asked.

I just shook my head in disgust.

"I can't believe you're that daft," I muttered. Is he really that stupid? Of course I've been crying from him. I've been crying from stress. I've been crying from confusion.

"I wasn't the one to kill those girls. I only just released them on the island," he said.

"Then who killed them?" I asked, now looking at him.

"Twins. He was the one to purposely kill Emma with my dagger. I didn't kill Hook's love, he did."

"I can't just forget you kidnapped people. You plan on killing me too. I can't just forgive you for everything because you're starting to have feelings."

"I will prove to you I'm changing. I will show you. I promise," he said. He said it with such conviction. He has something planned. I can tell.

"Where am I sleeping tonight?" I asked. I can't handle this right now. I'm exhausted from this.

He laughed a bit. "Here."

With that he laid down on one side of the bed and dragged me with him. He hugged me closer to his chest and closed his eyes. I gave him a few minutes until his breathing slowed down and evened out.

I tried to get up but his hand came out, grabbed my hand, and pulled me back, hugging me closer.

"Nice try, but you're staying here. I don't want you to cry alone," he muttered before yawing and going back to sleep.

What is he planning?

Pan's POV:

I'll show her soon.

----------/////////////////////-/-///////////-/-/----/-/-/---///-/-----

Yay update!

This chapter needed to be added before I got into the juicier stuff.

I would have updated earlier but I had a paper due so ya no time.

I just created a new book called "The Fire Within" so please check it out!

PLEASE LIKE COMMENT AND SHARE!

From your school-stressed friend,

Anna