Chapter 19

Jo's POV:

The fuck is this.

The fuck is that.

The fuck is life.

Wendy is locked in a cage and she seems to be loving it.

What is Peter thinking to do with Wendy?

I raced back to camp to see most of the boys setting up their blankets and heading to bed.

I strolled over to Peter's tent and flung open the flap just to walk in to see a very nice set of abs. A very nice set of abs.  My gosh. After taking a few seconds to embrace the wonderful view, I looked up to see Pan staring at me with amusement.  Shit.  Those were his abs.

"Like what you see?" Pan joked.

I looked him in the eyes.  "If only your face didn't ruin it."

I went over and sat on the bed before looking at him again.  He was still in his pants, but he was  shirtless, a distraction that I really didn't need at the moment.

"So Peter.  The Peter Pan story is really true for the most part?" I asked, acting disinterested by the question.  

"What aspect, love?  Me being devilishly handsome?"

I snorted at his response.  I then became serious before saying in a mock, high pitched British accent "Oh Peter, you are so lovely.  I love you sooo much!"

Looking him straight in the eye.  I didn't think he got it.  He seemed confused and slightly on edge.

I rolled my eyes and said with an annoyed tone "Wendy Darling."

He seemed to understand this time before shuffling his feet a bit.

"So you met her."

"Ya, what is she here for?"  I was slightly angry at the fact he brought another girl here.  Especially Wendy of all people.  She seemed to love him undoubtedly, which is worrying.  She'll do anything for him.  Love does that to a girl.

"No reason you need to know about."  His cockiness has returned.  Such a shame.  Nervous Peter was cuter.  

Knowing this conversation will never go anywhere now that he has his guard back up, I sighed and started to walk out of the tent.  Right before I was about to leave, he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him.  I was enveloped his arms and he whispered in my hair "Don't think about leaving here.  I'll never leave the only thing I have."  With that he pushed me outside the tent.

I stood there dumbfounded for a second.  Was I just hugged by Peter Pan?  What does he consider the only thing he has?  I shrugged my shoulders and entered my tent.  I moved it to the other side of the camp a while back because I could not take the fact it was right near Peter's tent.  I took a step inside and felt a hand go over my mouth and push me down.  I was about to scream when I heard the mysterious figure whisper "Jo, it's me."  

I found myself staring at the wonderful brown eyes of John.  I shoved his hand away from my mouth and whispered "What the hell?"

"Don't worry, I'm normal." he whispered back.  My confusion caused me to realize that he was straddling me on the ground.  

I'm not going to complain.

"What do you mean normal?"

"I'm like you Jo.  I've got powers.  I do admit to hearing Pan's flutes, but I came here to find you and bring you back. I'm only pretending to be a lost boy"

"You've got powers? Like magic?"

"Ya, of course.  I knew you had magic when I first met you freshman year.  I'm surprised you didn't realize I was acting weird around you the first time we met."

I thought back to that day.  I may or may not have suppressed that memory.  God I hated freshman year.

*3 Years Earlier*

I walked into my final period class on the first day of high school.  The day went pretty smoothly.  I only got lost twice!  Last period was art, one of the requirements of the year.  Art isn't my strong suit, but the art teachers always feel bad because I try hard so I get As for effort... Lame, I know.

I sat down at the first open seat and looked around the room.  I was at the table near the back and finally students started filling in.  I already knew none of my friends were in the class so I was mentally preparing myself for awkward small talk with strangers.

When everyone settled down, a very cute boy sat next to me.

Great.  I get to fail the class and humiliate myself in front of a dude.  Fantastic.

The teacher walked in and said "Alright, first assignment," I mentally cringed, "You need to create an image of where you would want to be right now.  You can use any medium.  I personally would paint a picture of Hawaii."  With that she sat in the corner of the room.  I got up and grabbed some colored pencils and a white piece of paper and sat back down.  With that I started to draw a picture of what I thought the world in the newest book I was reading looked like.  I fell in love with a book series called The Great and Terrible Beauty and I wished I could be in a magic world where I could do whatever I wanted.

I pulled out my headphones and started blasting Zedd (song above) as I got into the drawing.  The more I drew, the more I was intrigued by what was showing up.  A beautiful green weeping willow in the center of a garden.  I was about to add a well in the background when I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I turned around to see the cutie standing there.  I pulled out my headphones and said "Ya?"

He pointed to the photo and asked "Have you ever been there?"

I put out my hand and said "Hi, I'm Jo."

He rubbed the back of his neck.  "Sorry, hi I'm John.  Have you ever been there?"

"No.  It's from a book."

He raised an eyebrow questioningly.  "Are you sure?"

"Ya."

He shrugged and walked back to his drawing.  He kept giving me weird looks for the rest of the assignment.

*Present*

"You weren't really weird.  You were just an awkward freshman," I said.

"No, I wasn't... I mean ya I was but I wasn't being weird because of that.  I was weird because your drawing is where I'm from.  I was trying to find out where you got your powers.  I got mine there, at the well behind the tree.  I realized later on in the year that you clearly didn't know you had powers so I made sure to get close to you.  When you went missing, I knew something must have happened.  I knew it when you brought back the boys that you must have been apart of something bigger."

I sat there for a bit because I was hung up on one detail.  "You only got close to me for my magic," I stated.  I shoved him off of me and attempted to kick him out of my tent while still laying on the ground.  He grabbed my foot, and put it down gently.

"I admit, that was my first intentions, but then I got to know you.  I realized that you are amazing.  The fact you came back with magic made me worried that I may lose you to someone else.  Someone that could teach you better than I could try."

"You want to teach me magic?"

He smiled, went back to his earlier position above me.  

And kissed me.

---------////////////-/-/----------------////////////

THE FEELS!

Please like if you enjoyed the chapter!

So please leave your predictions in the comments!

Love,

Anna