Chapter 8

I rowed back to the ship with a smile on my face. I've got one group of natives down. And if I know my Peter Pan history correctly, there are also Native Americans on the island so I've got them to talk also.

Upon climbing aboard the ship once again, Hook was looking at himself tied to the mast in confusion. "Why am I tied to the bloody mast?"

I laughed at his question. "One, you seemed quite infatuated with a mermaid. Enough to jump overboard for her actually. And two, you just said BLOODY! First, I hear someone say 'Love' then 'bloody'? I love British people!"

He looked at me with a slight grin before cutting the rope with his hook. "I'm surprised I didn't do this earlier," he said while looking at his hook.

And then we both looked up at the sky.

There was shouting coming from above us. Hook first moved to unlock the men from below deck to make sure we had backup just in case that shouting wasn't good.

"OH MY GOSH JO I'M FLYING!" shouted a familiar voice. May came flying down, holding onto my shadow.

The shadow dropped May down right beside me and I looked at her. The short girl had her black hair tied up in a ponytail and was wearing a black sweatshirt and leggings with sneakers.

"Don't you look fantastic in your leather outfit Jo," May said with a wink.

"I sure don't look as good as you do, looking like you're about to rob a bank!" I responded.

Hook came up beside me and extended his one hand towards May. "Hello, I'm Captain Hook, and you must be May."

May took his hand and shook it and batted her eyelashes. "Hook wasn't known to be attractive."

I coughed while sputtering the word "illegal" and May just looked at me with a judgmental expression.

"Alright, now that we have this settled, we need to get more girls. I need a mini army of fighters!" I said toward May.

"Actually, I may be able to help with that..." Hook said.

"And that is...?" May and I both said.

"The prophecy includes naturally great fighters on your side. A group of girls actually," Hook responded.

"How do you know all of this? It wasn't in that prophecy you told me!" I said back.

"You should probably go talk to the Indians then."

"I guess I should. But right after I send out a couple more letters."

"Oh ya, Jo! Your parents are very worried!" May said to me.

"Oh shit. I've been gone for like a day!" I said more to myself than her.

"No, not back at home. It's been a week there!"

"OH SHIT! A WEEK? It's been a day!"

"I guess not! So I'm guessing one day here, is one week at home."

"Oh joy! What's the story? What has happened to me?"

"You've been gone for a week. Police are saying kidnapping from someone sneaking through a window in your room."

"That's creative. Well I guess now you and a couple more of our friends are going to be kidnapped!"

"Well, let's get on that then!"

May and I grabbed some parchment and quills and started writing more letters.

The list goes:
Tess, Tammy, Jenna, Mary, Kelly, Erin, and Casey.

Enough girls to equal the lost boys; not including Twins, of course.

"Alright, my pirate friends, let's head of to the Indian camp!" I shouted to the crew.

-/////////////--------------/-/--//-/-/-/-/-/---/-//-

Thanks everyone for reading! Sorry for the short chapter but it was more of a filler.

Please like and comment!

On the side is a gif of who I imagined to be May.

From your author friend,
Anna