Chapter 17

Jo's View:

I looked up, but I already knew who it was by the voice.

"Jo, get me down!" shouted John above me.

I still had my shadow, enabling me to fly up to where John was hanging.  His football jersey was tattered, and his brown hair was matted with dirt.

"You can fly," John stated blatantly, clearly taken aback by my floating figure.  

"That is a story for a later date.  How did you get here?" I asked.

He glanced back at my floating self before looking me in the eyes.  "I knew you had a soft spot for the boy."  John's voice changed from his normal self to one with a british accent.  Before my eyes, John's figure turned into Pan. "I knew you liked the boy," he repeated.

"So you tricked me," I stated.

"It's all part of the game," he said before exiting the cage, and flying back down to the ground.

"What is this game you speak so fondly of?" I asked, remembering back to the first time we met.  How he mentioned flirting with the girls was apart of a game.  That seemed like ages ago.

"The game of life, love," he responded.  That was the first time in a long time he had acknowledged me with the pet name "love." I may have missed it a bit.

I decided to make this awkward for Pan.  Twins did mention Peter may have feelings for me.  If I'm going to acknowledge it, I'm going to acknowledge it while we were alone.  Maybe he will be more truthful about it.  I am not really sure what I would do if he did like me.  You know what, I'll just do what I have to do.

"Yes the game of love is weird," I remarked, scanning his face for a reaction.  

He seemed to freeze a bit before responding.  "That is not what I meant."

He seemed too casual with that response.  

"No but it is true isn't it?  Love is fickle.  It is said that friends will know someone's feelings before that person knows themselves."

He stopped and looked at me.  "If you are talking about what Twins said three months ago, it isn't true.  Having feelings for a low life like you? Never."

The insult hit me right in the chest.

Pan's View:

"If you are talking about what Twins said three months ago, it isn't true.  Having feelings for a low life like you? Never."

I could tell I may have went too far with calling her a low life because she  looked me in the eyes, anger burning in them, and said "I will never be a low life while being compared to you.  You are just some petty boy who doesn't want to face reality and honestly, no one would care if you dropped dead.  Come and talk to me when you want to take back whatever the hell you want, I'll be somewhere else."  With that she stormed away.

I stood there surprised by her outburst.  I guess I shouldn't have been but I was anyways.  She has been angry before but she has never blatantly insulted me before.  I knew that in these situations a guy should apologize but that would show weakness that I didn't have.  Instead of following Jo, I turned around and went to one of the other cages that were conveniently placed behind the leaves.  Jo didn't see them when she was talking to me when she thought I was that boy. I peered inside one of the cages to see the outline of sleeping girl laying there.  She loves devotedly, and if she was under my control, life would be easier.  When the girl started to stir, I turned back around and silently walked away, only to hear mutter "I'm the only one for you."

I walked around the island, looking for anything unusual, and stumbled upon a body in front of me.  In the moonlight, I could just make out the body of Twins.  That idiot.

Upon closer inspection, I realized he died at the hands of a magical arrow.  That arrow was one Felix had been saving for a while. Twins had been yelling at me constantly about having feelings for Jo, so I told Felix to get rid of him.  She knew what Twins said about me, and I was not ok with the fact she may use it to her advantage.  Twins is the only reason I would even admit to myself that I may find her attractive.  The night I shot an arrow at Twins, I was hoping she wouldn't intervene.  I was happy to get rid of that idiot.  He was insane.

But instead of the arrow hitting him, Jo stepped in front of the way.  I didn't want her to get hit so I must have unconsciously hoped the bracelet would fall off.  So she could save herself.

When she ran away that night,  Felix automatically knew why it happened, and Twins guessed also.  I was not going to allow myself to be weakened by feelings.  Even if Jo liked me back, she would be too hard to control.  This island is my island, and no one else's.

By the time I realized where I was going, I had arrived at the entrance of the Indian camp.  

"I knew you would come," stated a voice behind me.  I felt a hard stick hit me  in the back of the head and with that I knew it was Tigerlilly.  

"You are here to learn about why you are growing old, are you not?" asked the old woman.

"I already know.  Love is a feeling for adults, and somehow I am getting said feelings.  I need to get rid of them," I said angrily.

"You can't get rid of feelings, you should know that by now," she laughed.

"Well I already have a plan to get a different ruler," I stated, my mind made up.

"That's why you are keeping that poor girl in the cage."

"Ah yes, I shouldn't be surprised to find out that you know she's here.  As much as I know you enjoy my presence, I must be off."  With that I turned away.

"It's not going to work.  You and Jo can rule together.  You just have to embrace your feelings," she said behind me.

"Feelings make you weak.  Having another ruler who I can have control over will be easier," I said, walking off.

"It's not going to work.  Your ageing has already started, you can't stop it now.  Not by getting rid of Jo!" I heard her shout as I walked away.

The Indians have been right every time they create a prophecy, but what they don't know is that my determination is stronger than their prophecy.  

Peter Pan Never Fails.

I will throw Jo back to where she came from, and I'll give her powers to a different girl.  One that loves me without any thought.

Wendy.

---------//////////------------/////////////------------/--/-/--/-/--/-

 Please like and comment!

Your happy friend,

Anna