Chapter 23

Jo's POV:

I woke up completely and utterly confused.  My body was stiff and ached while my head was pounding.  What the heck happened?

I opened my eyes and the bright sun impaled me in the face.

"The sun.  It burns!" I said while I rolled on to my side and covered my face with a blanket.  

A blanket? I sleep in a sleeping bag!

I looked around and realized I was lying in Pan's tent... In Pan's bed.

Then the memories came flooding back to me.  The fight with Wendy.  The arrow being shot at Pan by John.  Me jumping in the way.  After that, nothing came to mind.  I must have blacked out then.

I tried to push myself out of bed but my body protested.  I shook it off and planted my feet firmly on the ground.  I stood up only to have the ground rush to meet my face, but before I hit the ground, a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my chest and pulled me back up.

"Thanks," I said as they sat me back down on the bed.  I looked up to see Peter standing there looking worried.

"Lie back down and don't get out of bed," he commanded.

I gave him a look and muttered "Yes sir" before going back under the covers.  I looked back up at him and asked "What happened?  After I blacked out I mean."

He sat down next to me on the bed and said "John shot the arrow at me and you jumped in the way.  Why?"

"I asked a question first."

He gave me an annoyed look before speaking again.  "The arrow hit you right in the chest, barely missing your heart.  I used as much magic as I could to try and heal you.  I didn't do too well of a job before bringing you to the fairies.  They patched you up quite well.  One of them named Jeff was the most angry that you got hurt..."

I nodded and laughed a bit.  

He continued.  "They say you'll have a scar from now on."

I looked down and realized I was in new clothes.  The other ones must have been covered in blood and dirt.  Right above where my heart is, there was a scar shaped like a star.

Then it occurred to me: "Who changed my clothes?" I asked angrily.

He held his hands up defensively.  "Not me! The fairies did."

I let go of the breath I was holding before asking "Where's Wendy and John?"

"Wendy was taken back to where she came from.  Somewhere in Europe."

"And John?"

He looked down at his hands.  "Why did you jump in front of the arrow for me?" he asked.

"Where's John?" I repeated.

"Where he deserves to be," Peter responded.

I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere by asking him.  I'll ask around later, someone is bound to mess up and give me a hint to what/where John was.

"Why did you jump in front of the arrow?" he asked again.

"I didn't want you to get hurt," I muttered.

He leaned closer to me with a faint smile on his face.  "What was that?" he asked. His cocky tone has returned.

I gave him an annoyed look before swinging my feet to the other side of the bed where he wasn't sitting and began to stand up.  Before I knew it I heard the bed creak and my back was back on the bed and Peter had his hands on my shoulders pushing me down.  He must of had to jump across the Queen size bed to make it over to where I was.  Too much effort I say.

"You are not going anywhere," he said to me.  His face was over mine and he was staring intently at me.

"I'm going to my tent," I retorted.

"No you are not."

"And why is that?"

He hesitated.  "Because you can barely walk."

"I can manage," I said before trying to sit up again.

"Oh no you don't," he said before pushing me back down.

"Why can't I go?" I asked again.  Me not being able to walk was bullshit.  I could make it if I tried.

"Because last time you were in your tent alone, that boy came in and made a move."

I rolled my eyes.  "You don't like boys making moves on me?"

He didn't respond, and he stopped looking at my face.

"You don't like that he kissed me?" I whispered, looking down.  It shouldn't bother him.  Sure Pan and I kissed but by the way he acts, I question if I just imagined it.

"You are not allowed to kiss other boys," he stated firmly.  Like a command.

"And why's that?" I asked more or less sassily.  If I was standing I would have put my hands on my hips.

"You can only kiss me," he stated before dragging me back into the bed.  I didn't protest because I was in shock.

Excuse me what?  I am taking that as a declaration of 'I like kissing you' so thumbs up for me.  My thoughts were pushed aside as Pan gave me a peck on the forehead before saying "Have some rest.  The sun is setting now."  And with that he walked out of the tent.

Just me and my thoughts.  I didn't actually get much thinking done because sleep overtook me once more and I was out.

--------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night to find a sleeping Pan next to me.  Not only next to me but hugging my waist.

I was really comfortable.

I honestly thought Peter never slept.

Hmm, the more you know.

I carefully unwrapped Pan's arms from my body and inched closer to the side of the bed.  My head wasn't hurting but my limbs still ached.  I was able to stand up without falling over, so I crept out of the tent.  I tiptoed out of camp with one thought in my mind.  Where is John?

I walked back to the place I first found Wendy, but there was nobody else there.  I was about to walk away when I saw something glittering off in the distance.  I walked over to see a hook laying there.  I picked it up and kept walking in that direction.  It didn't take long until I saw marks in the dirt of where it looked like someone being dragged.  I followed it to a cliff's edge.

They better have not have thrown Hook over the cliff...

I looked over the cliff's edge to see a box a couple feet down with a figure inside.

"Hook?" I whispered.

No response.

"Hook?" I tried a little louder this time.

Still no response.

Slightly annoyed, I picked up a rock and threw it at the figure.  "Goddamnit Hook!" I more or less shouted.

"Jo? Is that you?" he asked.

"No shit Sherlock," I responded.

"Who's Sherlock?"

I hate not having people recognize my references.

//////////-/-////////////----------/-///////////-/-/////////////----------/-/-/-/-/-///--/---/

This is my weekend update!  I will update once a week, it's just that I have been doing two because I have had time.

I absolutely love when guys call you "theirs".  Not meaning that they own you but when they mean it as that you are theirs, nobody else's.  Its phenomenal.

Alrighty y'all, how are you liking it?

Please vote and comment!

From your bored-at-work writer,

Anna