Chapter 12

As darkness fell, we all got prepared for the upcoming battle. The girls were sparring with the pirates, and have gained many techniques in the couple of hours of training. They really are natural fighters.

While they were doing their thing, Hook was showing me how to attack with daggers. "Now when I swing my sword downwards like this, you hold your dagger like this," he said while making my dagger horizontal with a slight tilt to the ground. "But if the force seems too great, use both daggers, but I don't suggest it."

"Why?"

"Because then your opponent can use their free arm, and you can't block."

I was learning quite a lot from this mini two hour cram session and we kept working until it got too dark to see without lanterns.

"Alright everyone, they probably aren't going to be surprised by us, but they also might not be prepared for our strength. We are going to take the boys down! But remember, you don't have to kill them or anything, just graze them with your weapon and that should freeze them. You all ready?" I say. "Also, get in line to get your weapons covered in the ink."

I got a bunch of girls shouting "Ya!" and "Ok!" so I turned to Captain Hook.

"Thank you for everything."

"It's been nice, love. But if you don't mind me asking, what are you going to do with Pan once you freeze him?" he asked.

"Well, I was thinking of stripping his powers and letting him stay here all alone and sad. The boys can come back with me to my world. I'll tell the police that I got tons of people out of a kidnapping ring or something."

Hook laughed and there was glint of happiness in his eye. "That sounds like a great plan. Now let's go!"

I looked at him confused. "You're coming with us?"

"Of course. I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Hook, the girls, and I all piled into the two rowboats and rowed ourselves to shore. We stalked through the woods quietly before coming to the boys camp. We weren't really prepared for what we saw.

The lost boys were dancing around the fire while Pan played his flute. I heard the sweet gentle music and I assumed everyone else could too until Casey asked "Why is there no sound coming out of his flute?"

I wasn't going to be the one to bring up the fact that I did, in fact, hear it, but instead I just said "Maybe the boys hear it but not us for some reason."

I sent my shadow and it came back telling me that everyone was in camp, all ten boys including Pan and Felix. It was even teams I realized. I sent the girls out to surround the camp. They knew that on the signal, the girls with long range weapons would shoot and from there we would all file into the camp.

Pan was still playing his flute when all hell broke loose. I whistled, and all you could hear was the whistle of an arrow whipping through the air, and gunshots. Mary, and Tess must have hit their targets because two of the boys froze in their spots with an eerie green glow radiating from their skin. The rest of us ran into the camp, and I went to Pan. When he realized what was going on, he disappeared from my sight.

I ran into the clearing and followed Pan to where I believed he ran off to. I passed some frozen lost boys, and some sword fights on the way, but I believed my girls were winning but I didn't have the time to check. As I got to the spot where Pan was standing originally, there was no one there, of course. I was about to run into the forest when I heard shout from behind me. I turned around just in time to see a crossbow arrow coming right towards my chest. With whatever instinct and magic I could muster within a second, I grabbed the arrow right before it hit my chest.

I look up to see Pan holding a crossbow only a few yards in front of me, with an impressed look on his face.

"Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised you caught that, love." he said in his mocking tone.

I flung the arrow down and made, out of my anger, a firebolt of sorts in my hand and shot it at him. He flicked his wrist to the side and disintegrated the firebolt like it was nothing.

"Wow, I thought you could do better." he said again mockingly.

"Come here and fight me like a man. It's just you and me left anyways," I said while gesturing to the clearing. All the lost boys were frozen in their place. I was triumphant for a couple seconds until I saw May running towards me.

"Jo, Felix isn't here!" she shouted before I heard another whistling of an arrow. Before I knew it, Pan was at my back holding an arrow that, if it was a couple more inches, would have pierced my heart.

Pan was clearly angry as he held the arrow. "You are not supposed to try to kill her. Just wound!" Pan shouted to someone in the woods. I turned around to see a short figure glide out of the woods. The figure was too short to be Felix. The stranger took off his hood to reveal that it was Twins.

"Well, her cockiness made me angry. We could just kill her off right now," said Twins. Adorable Twins. The one who went out of his way to help me.

He threw his hand in the direction of me and I went flying back, falling to the ground a few feet away. I scrambled to my feet and put my fists up ready to either dodge or get into a real fight, but nothing could protect my internal wound of learning that Twins was not on my side.

"Twins, I saved you! And Pan, why the hell did you just save me?" I shouted while slowly walking forward. I started mentally preparing myself for the fight that was about to ensue.

Pan spoke with a glint of something along the lines of fear in his eye before turning back into his ignorant calmness. "Don't want you to die on us now. I can use your power."

Twins did not like that answer. "You don't need her power. You just saved her because you're developing... feelings... for her."

With that comment, Pan turned around and said "That's funny," just before Felix came out of the tree line and restrained Twins. And with that, Peter turned back around to me and said "Now time to capture you-" but before he could end the threat, all you heard was a splatter.

Above Peter was my shadow holding the last of the ink. My shadow dropped it right on his stupid little attractive head. Wait did I just say attractive? I just meant stupid.

I walked up to him. "Thanks for saving me back there, but sadly for you, you're a little stuck."

He stood there frozen with a face full of hatred.

With that, Tess shot Twins in the leg with an arrow and May sliced Felix on the arm just enough to get the ink on him. The girls were prepared for anything, without my say. If that isn't skill then I don't know what is. Both of the boys couldn't move.

"Alright everyone, here's the deal. Whatever lost boys want to come back with me and find a family, people that love you and don't just use you for their own benefit" I say while shooting a look at Peter, "can come with me. Never mind, you don't have a choice. You all are coming back with me. And Pan- "I speak while turning to look directly at Pan, "I am taking your powers away from you."

I grabbed hold of his wrist and looked within myself. I feel the power in me, and I can start to feel it in him too. I mentally grab onto his power that I sense, and pull on it. The clearing is filled with the screams of Peter as I grab his power and shove into a jar on my belt. The jar glowed red with specks of green. Whatever the hell I just did, it was pretty cool.  I have to thank Tigerlily for teaching me that on the slip of paper she handed me.

I looked at Pan to see whatever remark he may have, but he was knocked out.

"Alrighty then, Hook you can take him and lock him up on your ship. We don't want him bothering the natives...."

/-////////////////------------/-/-/-/---------/////////////-/-/--

To the side is a gif of Felix!

I know I know. I haven't updated in forever. I was at camp all summer and now that school started, time has been scarce.

Ill try to update more but no promises.

Please like and comment!!!

From your lover-of-Peter Pan friend,

Anna