44

He sat by the window, looking at the stars in the night sky. How graciously they lit up the darkness and showed a hope, casting very dim light and making the sky look so beautiful.

He was humming some tune, when he heard the doorknob being twisted and someone enter the room.

It was Somin.

"What are you doing here?" He asked nonchalantly, not expecting an answer from her as usual.

She spoke nothing. Instead, she placed something in his palm.

A train ticket to Seoul.

"What is thisㅡ"

"I saw you at the cafe that night, I was there with my colleagues yesterday. Also the girl with you, tell her she's pretty."

"But why are you giving me these?"

"I've been repenting for a while now, that I never seemed to understand what you wanted. You can't stay here, you're not made to stay in these ruins of a house that will lead you nowhere. You're made to shine on that stage, took me too long to realize that."

"Noonaㅡ"

"Oh, and take some money in hand. You might need it." She handed him some cash from her wallet.

"What about appa?"

"Leave it to me. The train leaves in an hour, get ready."

She was starting to leave the room, with tears in her eyes. Jungkook had never seen this side of his step-sister. He never saw her cry before and it was quite shocking for him.

"Noona." He called out.

"Won't you help me pack?"

She nodded, beaming with pleasure.