56

The lights of the arena dimmed.

The fans cheered, waving their lightsticks as their most loved idol appeared on stage.

Seated on the front row, Lisa's heartbeat quickened as he beautifully performed, like a gracious swan.

His voice was pure and sweet as if it descended from heaven.

A song played by, and Lisa couldn't help but smile through tears as it played. It was one of Jungkook's earliest pre-debut compositions that had been a secret to fans but not to her.

I hear your voice
Within the noise, time stops
We are connected by sound, woah

When I close my eyes
In the darkness, your light woah
Lights the way for me
We can walk forward without fear, you and I woah

You're my light, you're my light
Always shine into my heart
You're my light, you're my light
No matter how far apart we are
Your light shines on me

Then came the moment when he walked over to the edge of the stage, waving at his fans.

Their eyes met. And everything felt dreamy in that moment.

The noise cancelled out, as if they were in a sudden euphoria of their own.

Lisa found herself hit by a wave of disappointment as he walked to the other side of the stage.

He probably didn't recognize her.

He prolly doesn't even remember the name.

She didn't want to waste another second anymore, she would only make a fool of herself.

"Jungkookie! Oppa waved at me!"

"Look at his smile!"

"His girlfriend must be so lucky!"

He was after all, a star.

And a kindhearted soul like him didn't deserve a woman who broke his heart years ago.

"Thank you for the memories, Kookie." Her voice was barely audible amidst the array of lights as she quietly walked out of the stadium.